Welcome Pack - Excel list

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Attached is a Welcome pack channel list in excel format. I created it to see how many channels are free or "public interest". I also included online stream links for some of them.

From the 57 channels, about 23 could be considered basic cable (ie, you cannot freely watch them online or FTA).

View attachment welcome pack.xls

Not a bad deal, in my opinion. You get locals plus about 23-ish channels you can't get free. I know a lot of cable companies were charging $15-$20 to give old folks a "channel 2-13" basic cable back in the day. With the $80-$100 bills so common for TV these days, it's hard to complain about a $19.99 package. (IMHO)

With locals in HD and a DVR (plus regular free previews), I found it to be the best deal in TV. The only things that could make it better would be HD, and (for me) BBC America, as that is the only non-welcome pack channel I really want. I'd probably go back to it if it weren't for my roommate, at least until the new season of Doctor Who.

Not bad at all for $20. Local channels plus TBS, Comedy Central, History, HGTV, Food Network, MTV2 and Hallmark are all pretty good value for $20 alone not to mention some other channels. If things got real tough for me financially that would be enough to keep me happy I think. Would suck not having sports but it's better than nothing. My problem is that I have $31 in extra fees on top of my programming.

With locals in HD and a DVR (plus regular free previews), I found it to be the best deal in TV. The only things that could make it better would be HD, and (for me) BBC America, as that is the only non-welcome pack channel I really want. I'd probably go back to it if it weren't for my roommate, at least until the new season of Doctor Who.

The non-HD is a killer but like I said, if I was in financial trouble it would work.

You make a great point about having a DVR and taking advantage of the free previews. You could really load up on recording channels in free preview. I do that now with the movie channels and have all kinds of movies stored on my DVR waiting for me to watch.

I just dropped down from AT 120 to the Welcome Pack... to be honest, I find it a great value. The channels in the Welcome Pack are the ones we mainly watched anyway. The HD thing sucks... but having an extra $30 in my pocket every month is nice. Not to mention, if I were to do a similar setup with TiVo receivers in the house connected to antenna, it would cost $21 a month (14.99 for main TiVo, 5.99 for TiVo Mini in other room). I am only paying $6 a month extra with a plethora of channels I usually watch as it is... really a great deal (I have a 722k DVR)

couple notes...these stations are on Roku (and not noted on spreadsheet that they are)
BabyFirstTV
Bloomberg Television
TV Guide Network
V-ME
Jewelry Television
ShopNBC
Alma Vision Hispanic Network
Daystar
SonLife Broadcasting Network
The Impact Network
Three Angels Broadcasting Network
Home Shopping Network (HSN)
HSN 2
QVC
Russia Today

These are on FTA
Almavision
Bloomberg Television
CCTV-E
Christian Television Network
Free Speech TV
Gems Shopping Network
HITN
HSN 2
In Country Television
Inspiration
Jewelry Television
LinkTV
Liquidation Channel
Name
QVC
ShopNBC
V-ME

Not bad at all for $20. Local channels plus TBS, Comedy Central, History, HGTV, Food Network, MTV2 and Hallmark are all pretty good value for $20 alone not to mention some other channels. If things got real tough for me financially that would be enough to keep me happy I think. Would suck not having sports but it's better than nothing. My problem is that I have $31 in extra fees on top of my programming.

I had it for a while and loved it until I lost Epix when a CSR "mistakingly" took off BBMP (why you should always use dirt). I also had the distant CBS and FOX through AAD. Missed MNF but recorded so many college and NFL games from those networks that I was well equipped. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

couple notes...these stations are on Roku (and not noted on spreadsheet that they are)
BabyFirstTV
Bloomberg Television
TV Guide Network
V-ME
Jewelry Television
ShopNBC
Alma Vision Hispanic Network
Daystar
SonLife Broadcasting Network
The Impact Network
HSN 2
QVC
Russia Today

These are on FTA
Almavision
Bloomberg Television
CCTV-E
Christian Television Network
Free Speech TV
Gems Shopping Network
HITN
HSN 2
In Country Television
Inspiration
Jewelry Television
LinkTV
Liquidation Channel
Name
QVC
ShopNBC
V-ME

Thanks for the feedback. I updated the list.

Attachments

• welcome pack.xls
    15 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Attached is a Welcome pack channel list in excel format. I created it to see how many channels are free or "public interest". I also included online stream links for some of them.

From the 57 channels, about 23 could be considered basic cable (ie, you cannot freely watch them online or FTA).

View attachment 90842

By the way, does anybody know any freeware that reads .xls files?

Because my laptop doesn't have anything that reads them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)