welcome pack sat ?

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
i can get my locals and the welcome pack for $15. my locals are on sat 129.are any of the welcome pack channels on 129?.i was just planning on using a single lnb for 129

no
most of the welcome pack channels are on 119 with a smattering on 110

just sub to locals then...5.99 + 6.00 b/s no package fee

kinda off topic but you're STILL working on this locals thing? Marquette has been up for what 2-3 months??

no
most of the welcome pack channels are on 119 with a smattering on 110

just sub to locals then...5.99 + 6.00 b/s no package fee

kinda off topic but you're STILL working on this locals thing? Marquette has been up for what 2-3 months??
i'm all set at home with a 612,211and 2-311"s "hd and locals.i 'm just thinking about something for my hunting camp

i'm all set at home with a 612,211and 2-311"s "hd and locals.i 'm just thinking about something for my hunting camp

oh ok

why dont you just take a receiver with you to the hunting shack? Thats what we do with our cabin. My dad brings a receiver from his house to the cabin. We're already set up for 110/119 so we just hook it up and away it goes :)

i think we will be spending quite a bit of time there so i think i'll sign up for the locals.it looks like 6 channels from the welcome pack are on 110 and the rest are on 119..i have a extra dish 500 with the dp twin .can i get get 119 and 129 by moving the dish west and down a few degrees from where 110and 119 is now located?

Using a Dish500 to split 119 and 129 does work, I've done it. It's easier to use a wing dish, though, as most DPP Twins have an LNB in port. All it takes is an existing DPP Twin on a D500 (you already have this, right?) and a DP Dual ($40) on either a D300 or D500 pan ($25 w/mast).

The third and best option is to secure a 1000.2 dish, which you can get (with LNB and mast) for $100.

if i start a new account at another address and use my name will i still be eligible for promotions if i decide to upgrade from the welcome pack?would there be any advantage to put it in my son's name?

Dish is pretty strict about one person living at one address and having one account. If you really need multiple locations, their canned answer is using a prepaid system on non-leased equipment (which you can buy at Radio Shack).

It's best if you just set up a 1000.2 dish at the alternate location and take your receiver with you when you go, but DO NOT plug it into a phone line or internet connection while you're there.

yes you can use a D500 for both 119 & 129. Many folks have found that out the hard way when aiming for 110/119 ;)

Unless you plan on living at the hunting shack, just take a receiver with you :)

if you plan on keeping the 2nd receiver at the hunting shack, according to Dish you need a 2nd account with them.

If you are going to casually use it there (say a weekend or a week at a time), just take one of your existing receivers with you. Thats what we've done since 97. Take a receiver with us when we go to the cabin.
There is already a dish there so we just hook it up, power on and watch tv. When we leave the receiver comes with us

sorry! i don't know what you mean about one account at one address.do i need a 2nd address to set up the 2nd account?

The information that you were given was incomplete. Dish has three pieces of information tied to each account : the Physical address, the primary phone number, and the name of the account holder. To create a new account only need to change any two of them.

The easiest way to create a unique address is to append "app#2" to the end of your address.

The information that you were given was incomplete. Dish has three pieces of information tied to each account : the Physical address, the primary phone number, and the name of the account holder. To create a new account only need to change any two of them.

The easiest way to create a unique address is to append "app#2" to the end of your address.
that's what i wanted to know, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)