Welcome To The DishPointer.COM Support Forum!

Discussion in 'DishPointer.COM Official Support Forum' started by Scott Greczkowski, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Topic Starter Scanning the Skies! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

On behalf of SatelliteGuys.US I would like to welcome you to the Official DishPointer.COM Support Forum!

DishPointer.COM is the brainchild of AlanSH who will also be our moderator here for this support forum.

AlanSH is also the creator of all the amazing DishPointer smartphone applications including the amazing iPhone applications DishPointer Line of Sight, DishPointer Compass and the legacy DishPointer Maps application.

Alan and DishPointer.COM is also getting ready to launch the revolutionary new DishPointer Augmented Reality which will let you use your iPhone 3 GS to instantly see if you have proper view of the satellites.

A demo of this upcoming application is shown below.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AFtcgYRcu4]YouTube - DishPointer Augmented Reality (iPhone Satellite Finder)[/ame]

To celebrate the DishPointer.COM Support Forum coming home here to SatelliteGuys.US we will be giving away a number of copies of DishPointer.COM's amazing iPhone applications to our members! Stay tuned for more details!

Please help us welcome Alan and DishPointer.COM to SatelliteGuys.US!

2. al bundy

al bundy Member

this app works only with i phone? or any android phone?

3. AlanSH

AlanSH DishPointer.COM Admin Pub Member / Supporter

yes, iPhone (3GS and 4 preferrably) and Androids with compasses

4. bennsat

bennsat New Member

[lang=zh-CN]how much this item?[/lang]

5. jscud

jscud SatelliteGuys Pro

Will it work with the iPad or any of the Android based Tablets?

6. AlanSH

iPad doesn't have a camera, so no.
    Galaxy tab seems to be ok, has as far as I know a compass, g-sensors and a camera.

7. denjean

denjean New Member

Does it work well on Android v2.3.3 phone??

8. isaacmorseMI

isaacmorseMI SatelliteGuys Pro

9. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Topic Starter Scanning the Skies! Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

There is one version of the Android OS which disables the compass on some phones... other apps which use the compass also do not work with this version. This is an OS problem and not a problem with DishPointer itself... hopefully there is a patch issued soon for the OS which corrects the compass error.

10. DishTechTN4798

DishTechTN4798 New Member

New to site. Have DP Pro for Android phone and Galaxy tab. Have read about calibration issues here. What steps should one take to calibrate app/device and what's the best way to confirm calibration (within reason)?

11. AlanSH

12. allen k

allen k New Member

HOW TO USE THE AUGMENTED REALITY SOFTWARE

Dear Allan, kindly help with a step by step instruction on how i can use the software to nail a sattelite, on a samsung galaxy pad. am in ibadan nigeria. Allen k.

13. AlanSH

The app is very easy to use, you just hold it towards the sky and check if any obstacles are in the way. All you need to make sure is that the compass reading is reliable as discussed above.

If it is the first time that you are installing a satellite dish, you may need to do some reading in the forums but to summarize, all you need to do is get the direction right, adjust the elevation using the scale on your dish and the elevation value the app gives you and then set the lnb/dish skew.

14. Dr. Pepper 6044

Dr. Pepper 6044 SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Hello.I installed DishPointer AR Pro on my wife's iPad recently. It worked well for a week or so, but now it doesn't... The iPad is only WiFi. It now shows a funny angled line with 148.0W. It also looses the selected satellites (97,0W and 101.0W). Help!!

15. mr.crane

mr.crane SatelliteGuys Pro

I noticed a post about Android 2.2.3, has there been an update on android 2.3 gingerbread. So my question will it work on gingerbread?

16. digiblur

digiblur SatelliteGuys Master

Yes. Even works on ICS.

17. mr.crane

mr.crane SatelliteGuys Pro

O.K., because the phone I want to get is the Samsung Attain, by MetroPcs. Just wondering anywhere using
    this particular phone with Dishpointer. And digiblur thanks for the input.

18. jameswbarton

jameswbarton New Member

Does dishpointer pro compass work on a motorola droid razr vweaion 4.0.4? Compass appears broken

19. Dearap

Dearap New Member

Hello and Congrats,
    I am hoping that someone can help us out. We have a Winegard Satillite Dish on the roof of our RV. In addition, we subscribe to Direct TV. However, we have never been able to find the signal when we are out at campgrounds. We were recently at the PA RV show where the Winegard Salesman mentioned a App that we could download to our IPAD that would help us locate the satillite signal. However, I lost the paper with the name on it. He said that it would work for Dish Network & Direct TV. Can you help us? I am ready to throw the cable box back at Direct TV. We've paid for it for the last three months and have not watched it once! Angry as hell now.

20. AlanSH

Hello and Thanks,

It's the Dishpointer Pro app you need to get for your iPad 2/3 (does not work on iPad 1). It works for Dish Network and Direct TV.

Separate names with a comma.

More...