Well after waiting 3 weeks, still no install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bman549

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Orlando, FL
I've been waiting 3 weeks now to get installed here in Orlando. I've read about others in the area that have ordered after me and are already installed. What's up with that? My install was schedulded for this monring, but just got the call that the equipment did not come in.

Now I called three times last last week once each to VoOm, Installs, and the local installer to verify the install beacuse i have to schdule my days off which i don't get paid for. Each time i was told they didn't have a tracking number so they couldn't tell for sure.

Now i call VoOm and they say it could be another couple of weeks maybe. I did get them to give me a free months service, but that doesn't quite make up for the loss of 2 days pay. I guess anything is better than nothing.

I think i did my part in due dilegence in getting up to date info on weather my install would be on or not. If they don't have the equipment just say so and schedule me another time instead of having me lose another days pay. they need to get their tracking info working.

Ok everyone keep there fingers crossed for me.
Missing out on the NHL playoffs in HD :(

bman,

it should not take that long. Send an email to "Wilt Hildenbrand" <wilth@optonline.net> to see if can escalate your account.

Just got a call from the installer again and he said that the equipment has been shipped.
But he still doesn't know when it will arrive. (No tracking info.)

Should i wait it out a few days? or still email Wilt?
Don't really want to bother him if we don't need to.
I'm sure he has a lot on his plate as it is.

Bruce....

Previously this would have been a Joe Harkins(?) problem. Anyone know if there is a replacement for Joe?

Voom needs one of those motivational posters with the cat hanging from a tree. "Just hang in there!" heh.

-John

Va Va Vooming Finally!

Well I got a call Thursday night from my installer that he had my equipment and he could install me Friday morning.
Joe from custom installs, He's a one man shop servicing east Orlando, Cocoa and Melbourne.

He showed up at 9 am and after checking out my exsisting D* setup got started on everything.
He reused my D* Cabling with the diplexer. Said he hasn't had any problems with the diplexer Plus he was installing a Winegard OTA antenna. I'm only 15 miles from the antenna farm according to antennaweb.
Everything when pretty smooth including running a new cable for my D* to the bedroom.
(Although i have i D* setup i haven't been subbed for a year since i was out of work, I'll re-sub to use it for the channles V* doesn't have and drop D* once V* get all the channels i need, currently using BHN).

He had all the cables except no welcome kit. I'm not even sure what comes in the welcome kit. Does any one know?
Got the DVI cable to use with my HTPC setup. Hooked the box up using composite cables since my Sony doesn't have DVI.

Once the dish and OTA install was complete he hookup the box and got it loaded in a few minutes.
Sat signal was about 42 and most of the OTA's came in right away.
The one's that didn't come in are the one's i don't watch anyway.

All in all a great install and Joe was professional and new what he was doing.

Didn't have much time to look things over that good since i had to go to work right after the install.

Well while i was at work Mom watched for a while untill the thunderstorms hit in the afternoon. Didn't get any info in signal strength or anything while the storms were going good since i was at work.

Got home later in the evening to surf around a bit and found most channels look pretty good to me so far. There wow factor isn't there for most movies and they look more like dvd pq maybe slightly better. Taped events have more of the wow factor like what i have seen before for HD. Watched True Lies on HBOHD and it look really good.

Left the box off over night for the s/w down load to take. Checked this morning and now i have 568 s/w loaded.
I did notice this morning that my cbs OTA was cutting in and out but didn't have time to really check it out since i had to go to work.
Sat signal now at 92 and OTA at 82 after the s/w update.
Briefly got to look at BravoHD and Cirque du Soleil was on and it definatley had the Wow factor to it. It looked just like to shows i've seen live in Vegas.

I'll check it out more over the next few days to see what things look like.
Really want to see what the NHL game looks like tonight in HD.

BTW Joe from Custom Installs said he checks out this board also.
He still has about 10 installs waiting for equipment.
Has several boxes that are bad that need to go back.
So i'm sure that's slowing him down also.
He has more work now than he ever did with D* or E*.

Bruce....

bman549 said:
He had all the cables except no welcome kit. I'm not even sure what comes in the welcome kit. Does any one know?
Bruce....

The welcome kit that I got a long time ago had a guide for using the remote control, and some other Voom advertising stuff. You aren't missing anything by not having it.

The Stone Man said:
The welcome kit that I got a long time ago had a guide for using the remote control, and some other Voom advertising stuff. You aren't missing anything by not having it.

Cool, Didn't know if there were any other manuals for the box or stuff that might come in handy later. Sometimes you get stuff that seems obscure at first, then later you go ...ohh that's what that was. ;)

Thanks

True.. I was hoping for a manual on the STB, but no such luck. That would have been nice. Another guy on the forum said that he did not get a welcome kit--so I sent mine to him to make him feel 'part of the family'.

So for you....all I can say is "Welcome to the family". I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I'm VERY satisfied with both satellite and OTA reception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)