Well folks I'm out...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GeneWildershair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Bay Area
It was time for this guy to make his decision on VOOM, and I think I made the right choice. I'm dumping them and sticking with D*. The constant picture quality fluctuations, microstutters, bad looking sd channels (sparklies), and rain fade problems are my main gripes with V*. I'm not going to sit here and totally bad mouth V* like others who have left have done though, they do have some decent programming (I'm gonna miss monsters and Rave), and a hell of a lot more of it in HD than anyone else, but I just can't take these problems anymore. Especially when being able to watch consistent pq, with never a break up during rain with D*. BTW I just ordered my HD Tivo for D*, so I think I'll be happier just sticking with them. I'm tired of seeing all the flaws with V*. I want to enjoy my hd tv again. Honestly, I hope V* succeeds, and maybe one day when they get everything just right I'll be back, but for now I must say farewell to V*, and farewell to you great folks here in this forum. Even you vurbano. ;) And for those of you lurking here, and thinking about getting V*, I say go for it. At least give it a try, you may not encounter the same problems I did, and you just may end up loving it, and the folks here are very helpful, and can help with any questions you may have. This is the best V*...hell the best forum period I've ever had the pleasure of participating in. So you are definitely in good hands here. Again thanks to everyone for all there help here, especially Sean...you the man Sean, keep up the good work. :D

GeneWildershair said:
It was time for this guy to make his decision on VOOM, and I think I made the right choice. I'm dumping them and sticking with D*. The constant picture quality fluctuations, microstutters, bad looking sd channels (sparklies), and rain fade problems are my main gripes with V*. I'm not going to sit here and totally bad mouth V* like others who have left have done though, they do have some decent programming (I'm gonna miss monsters and Rave), and a hell of a lot more of it in HD than anyone else, but I just can't take these problems anymore. Especially when being able to watch consistent pq, with never a break up during rain with D*. BTW I just ordered my HD Tivo for D*, so I think I'll be happier just sticking with them. I'm tired of seeing all the flaws with V*. I want to enjoy my hd tv again. Honestly, I hope V* succeeds, and maybe one day when they get everything just right I'll be back, but for now I must say farewell to V*, and farewell to you great folks here in this forum. Even you vurbano. ;) And for those of you lurking here, and thinking about getting V*, I say go for it. At least give it a try, you may not encounter the same problems I did, and you just may end up loving it, and the folks here are very helpful, and can help with any questions you may have. This is the best V*...hell the best forum period I've ever had the pleasure of participating in. So you are definitely in good hands here. Again thanks to everyone for all there help here, especially Sean...you the man Sean, keep up the good work. :D
See ya Jay-Your perspective on various Voom issues will be missed-enjoy your D*, and here's hoping they move more "swiftly" toward the addition of more HD programming a.s.a.p.

Jay, it looks like the stutters will be fixed in next release according to what Ilya just posted in another thread. So I think things can only get better and not worse.

Jay, your contribution to this forum was very valuable! Thanks for bringing everyone's attention to microstutter and to other PQ-related issues. You've made a difference here! If the microstutter issue will be fixed in the next release, as VOOM indicates, this will be in major part due to your efforts!

It was always interesting to read your comments and views in this forum. We'll miss you!

well im about to do the same ill give voom another month then ill stick it out with d* and watch some hd fooootball :D

This is obviously a problem in your area, or something else, I would not just say voom..

The reason I say that is because many of us never had that type of a problem..

I have been vooming since just this past Fri. So I do not know if its going to happen, but if it was I am sure it would of already..

Its just your location, so I would wait until they add another sat. or something..

Good luck

fastfed said:
This is obviously a problem in your area, or something else, I would not just say voom..

The reason I say that is because many of us never had that type of a problem..

I have been vooming since just this past Fri. So I do not know if its going to happen, but if it was I am sure it would of already..

Its just your location, so I would wait until they add another sat. or something..

Good luck

It's not his "location". Many people have the same problem with PQ, incl. myself, e.g. compared to D*

I do not understand how some peoples picture quality is great and others have problems with it. But, I guess everyone is wondering that same question huh :)

kaw

kawdog said:
I do not understand how some peoples picture quality is great and others have problems with it. But, I guess everyone is wondering that same question huh :)

kaw

Easy, I know people who look at a totally messed up set (convergence, focus, geometry, etc.) and if I show them the problems, they still think it's ok the way it is.

Oh well, to each its own. As long as one is happy with what he/she sees, that's great and there is no need to change anything.

Actually, I think some of these problems must be exclusive to certain subscribers. I have rarely had any problems and when I have had problems they certainly have not been nearly as bad as one would expect from reading some of the posts on this forum. BTW I have a 52" screen so I think I would notice if there were persistent stutters/PQ problems.

txdude said:
Actually, I think some of these problems must be exclusive to certain subscribers. I have rarely had any problems and when I have had problems they certainly have not been nearly as bad as one would expect from reading some of the posts on this forum. BTW I have a 52" screen so I think I would notice if there were persistent stutters/PQ problems.

Exclusive to certain subcribers, right.

See, that's the problem, some don't see problems and believe that others have "brain clots" , or see things which are not there.....

Read the thread regarding the stutter poll, you will get the idea. It has been confirmed by Voom that the stutter is for real.

Scubasoul said:
Exclusive to certain subcribers, right.

See, that's the problem, some don't see problems and believe that others have "brain clots" , or see things which are not there.....

Read the thread regarding the stutter poll, you will get the idea. It has been confirmed by Voom that the stutter is for real.
Stutter and pq "problems" are real, and have been real for many weeks now-Glad to see Voom acknowledges the possible need for "improvement."

I am a new subscriber for less than 2 weeks. I wish I could say I'm Vooming but I am getting most of the time a blank screen if not a horrible pixelated picture. For a couple days I was getting fairly good reception except on a few channels (Discovery HD) being the worst. I have a new tech visit on June 14 -2 WEEKS FROM NOW- unless there's a cancellation. There going to replace the receiver since I have a good signal. Since there was no $ upfront I took the plunge despite the difficulties several people have mentioned in this forum. A very helpful CSR was very kind & gave me all pay channels (no Playboy) thru 6-23 until they can resolve my problem. I'm hoping Voom will work out since I do like several of the HD channels. It probably doesn't help I'm on the west coast where the majority of problems have occurred

Dapper Dan said:
I am a new subscriber for less than 2 weeks. I wish I could say I'm Vooming but I am getting most of the time a blank screen if not a horrible pixelated picture. For a couple days I was getting fairly good reception except on a few channels (Discovery HD) being the worst. I have a new tech visit on June 14 -2 WEEKS FROM NOW- unless there's a cancellation. There going to replace the receiver since I have a good signal. Since there was no $ upfront I took the plunge despite the difficulties several people have mentioned in this forum. A very helpful CSR was very kind & gave me all pay channels (no Playboy) thru 6-23 until they can resolve my problem. I'm hoping Voom will work out since I do like several of the HD channels. It probably doesn't help I'm on the west coast where the majority of problems have occurred

what's your quality signal strength? Just wondering...

Bye Jay !!!!! we will miss you!

(Where in the world am I gonna find another guy to harrass with a name like that?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts