Well, I've had better Customer Service experiences...

drummerguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I called Dish yesterday to enable external USB storage. "External what?" the first CSR said. Not a good sign. "You know, hooking up an external hard drive to my 622?" "Okay, I should be able to help you with that..." then a lengthy pause "I'm not able to contact your receiver, is it on?" "Yes." "Sorry, I have to send you to tech support. Have a nice day."

Then I was sent into a sort of interactive diagnosing program that was trying to make sure I had my TV on the right input channel. I hung up and called back, this time going right to tech support. After 15 minutes on hold, I finally got to talk to someone, then 15 minutes later had my external storage enabled.

Then I called back to make some programming changes, to change to the 100+ package to get regional sports and the Great Wall Chinese package. The CSR made all the changes, but didn't say anything about needing a new dish (which I knew I needed because my HD RSNs are on 129). Nope, she said, no new dish needed. Okay, fine, and the call ended.

So I checked my new programming a few minutes later, all there but the HD RSNs. So I called back, different CSR. I asked why I wasn't getting Fox Sports Midwest and Fox Sports Ohio in HD. "Those channels don't exist," he says. "You're kidding. They were made available in April." "Sorry, sir, we do not have those channels in high definition." "Can I talk to a supervisor?" "Can I ask why you want to talk to a supervisor?" "Because you obviously don't know what you're doing," I said (obviously a little peeved at this point). "Well, I cannot add channels that do not appear in our system," he said. "Never mind" and I hung up.

Called back and went right to tech support. This guy knew what he was doing. I said I wasn't getting my HD RSNs, and he finished my sentence for me that it was because I can't see 129. So, a little bit later, I had an install set up for Dish 1000 to replace my Superdish. I thought he would have to repoint my second dish from 61.5 to 121 to make sure I could get all the Chinese channels, but not so, since they're all on 118. So they're leaving the other dish at 61.5. He waived the install fee, too, since I'd had such a hellish experience. So, sometime Friday morning, I'll get my new dish 1000.

He did say something interesting. I'd said I thought I'd need a Dish 1000+ to see 4 sat locations, and after he went to check that out, he said they aren't using the 1000+ anymore, because of problems with dropped signals from one sat.

So the moral of this story: I'll go through tech support for everything now, because the programming CSRs don't have a clue. :)

What number did you call?

Normal CSR's don't really know about the External Storage, the only ones trained on it are the ones at the special number that you are told to call to subscribe.

The word will get out there sooner or later though. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts