Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Had a !@##*#% experience. A group of teenie boopers ruined the evening. loud talking on cell phones giggling laughing etc. I went out and complained, when no one came right away I went over and scolded them. in late teens they were old enough to know better! Management arrived, I pointed to them and on the way back to my seat other customers said thanks.

within a short time they got real noisey again, this time I complained to the manager and demanded a refund. Based on rather than watching the movie I am out here complaining. They gave me my $$ back.

I returned again to the theatre, and management never showed up:( The freaking noise continued thruout the show.

when it was over I went looking for the manager, this fellow wasnt the last one I talked to. Others also were there complaing about the idiots. He was handing out free passes. I told him I already got my money back just give me district managers name number and both managers names. He fell all over himself trying to avoid my getting his bosses contact info.

jen my wife agreed it was bad. she said drop it you got the $ back and a free pass.

my point is the NEXT time someone complains they having been drop kicked by their boss will be more concerned with the trouble.

plus all of us complaining noted this theatre quit having a employee walk thru during the show... perhaps a budget cut?

Geez they wonder why movie attendance is down:(

Like restaurants the movies also needs to be a place I think should have some sort of detecting devices (cheap & easy ones) installed in the entryways to eliminate the rude morons. If you have calls you can't miss that are important enough to interrupt not only your time but MINE, then maybe you need to stay at home or the office to take them.

Way to go Bob, too bad you didn't get a better 1st reaction.

Movie

You listed just a few of the reasons I don't go to the theater and I don't plan to. I fire up my projector and watch movies on our 106" diagonal screen and it's fantastic. Of course it's also great for HD programming.

I got royally @#$ the manager dealyed and messed around trying to avoid the bosses name and number. at that point I just wanted to leave

I remember reading a news article about Movie Theaters making it impossible for someone to receive cell phone calls. Not sure how its done but they said when someone call you when your in a theater they get a message about you being in the theater and they can leave a message of press a number if its an emergency.
They also mentioned about having people in the theater like they use to.

I ATTEMPTED to see last holiday......

actually a good movie when it wasnt being disturbed by talking , cell phone IM, brite flashes take away from the movie:( laughing, coming and going, oh and my getting steamed.:(

had nice chat with district manager today, I reported great difficulty getting his name and number. he said thats because they didnt want me to know there not running things right.

I believe those managers got a kick in the pants today and they deserve it.

I also mentioned my comment I am pissed, and the managers complaint about my swearing. I told the DM what I was thinking was a LOT worse. he understood....

movie attendance is way off.....

we go nearly every week, its our date nite

The last flick we saw it was similar, noisy brats, restless teens, poor projection quality, had to go see a manager to get projection fixed (went dark), also audio didn't match what was playing on the screen during the previews...

Now we wait for the DVD in the rental store, lots cheaper too.

We only go about once or twice a year due to these problems. When we do, we only go to a theater with stadium seating, and try to go to a matinee or any time less likely to be infested with teeners. So of course, we never see a movie early in it's run. We can wait.

I like my HDTV and my easy chair. And I like pausing for potty calls or snack runs. And I don't have to make a choice between showing up early, getting a good seat but sitting thru 20 minutes of previews and other nonsense- or avoid the previews but have to find a seat in what might still be a crowded theater, in the dark. And a lot of those previews aggravate me, making it less and less likely I'll ever go to a theater again.

congrats on getting your money back! Theaters have pushed the concept of the "movie experience" for years, but I'm afraid yours is the typical "experience" these days.

My local theatre's PQ makes me appreciate my HT HD equipment even more. The only reason I go is for a blockbuster and the experience. And I always leave thinking how great it will look when I see it at home in HD. LOL.

Bob Haller said:
my point is the NEXT time someone complains they having been drop kicked by their boss will be more concerned with the trouble.
plus all of us complaining noted this theatre quit having a employee walk thru during the show... perhaps a budget cut?
QUOTE]

They are afraid of getting sued. Theaters had to stop the use of "Ushers" because a few got attacked. If the Usher swings back or another patron gets involved, the person making all the ruckus can file suit and win.

I rarely go to the movies. It has to be something I want to see the day it opens.

Jamey K said:
Bob Haller said:
QUOTE]
They are afraid of getting sued. Theaters had to stop the use of "Ushers" because a few got attacked. If the Usher swings back or another patron gets involved, the person making all the ruckus can file suit and win.
I rarely go to the movies. It has to be something I want to see the day it opens.

well the district manager said they are supposed to walk thru each theatre every hour.

the on site manager said once a evening.

manager no doubt had bad day.....

certinally a theatre should have the right for a employee to walk thru whenever they want, after all its their property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts