West Coast Feeds on the West Coast

CaribbeanBlues

Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Maybe I'm the only one who sees this as a problem, but as most of you already know (I'm a satelite newbie) I'm receiving east coast feeds for many stations here on the west coast. This is undesirable for many reasons. It seems so obvious to me but apparently it isn't (though I wonder, were positions reversed, what folks on the east coast would say if they had to wait until 1am for the west coast feed of 10pm programming?). Is there a way to receive west coast feeds on the west coast for channels like USA, TVLAND, A&E and so on? Thanks!

Get a DVR and record them. Then watch them at their usual time and gain the added advantage of skipping 18 minutes worth of commercials.

"Live, except on the west coast"

I've seen that phrase a lot on TV. I remember a while back when Robby Knievel was jumping the Polo Towers in Las Vegas. We were living in Vegas at the time and had to wait 3 hours after the fact to watch a tape delay of the "LIVE" event on TV.

As someone who enjoys Dish out on the west coast--Los Angeles--I prefer getting the east coast feeds because I can DVR the History Channel, NatGeo, etc., prime-time, first-run shows from 5-8PM PDT. It does make it a bit of a challenge sometimes to watch the local news, as LA local news is often far more entertaining and dramatic than the TV fiction dramas. However, this leaves my DVR free to record Locals and all their prime-time programming instead of trying to record everything at the same time: an impossibility. I would go nuts if I had to fit in all the local network shows along with all the pay channels on the DVR timers at the same time. And, I really enjoy being able to watch the east coast feeds live just after arriving home; it fits my schedule perfectly. Really good TV starts at 5PM. For example, MTV's racy shows start at 7PM local PDT, a perfect time to sit down with dinner and enjoy fresh TV. I have local 10PM news and 11PM news to watch later. In fact, the east coast feeds are one of the strongest reasons I stay with satellite.

Of course, on the other hand, the ubiquitous "Paid Programming" crap starts earlier here, about midnight or 1AM PDT. If I am up late, this really does reduce my live channel choices, but thankfully, there are still some really good channels, such as Science Channel, that don't show paid programming.

OK, that was a long post about my LOVE AFFAIR with getting the east coast feeds here on the west coast, and I love getting the CW and My TV early via the superstations, as well. And the east and west coast feeds of the premium movie channels provides great flexibility. "Nuff said, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)