Western Satellites

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
Okay, guys, I hope one of you (or more) will help me figure out this problem.
I did C band satellites some years ago, but I guess I am out of practice.
I got hold of a HomeCable 7.5 foot mesh dish. I took it down, without touching anything as far as the elevation settings.
I got it home and put it on my pole (very plumb!) and as I usually do, got it on the old G4, TP 16 (the Shepard channel), fine tune it by moving the mount back and forth till I got a perfect picture.
So far, so good. :)
So far, I got T5, G4. S4 satellites tuned in great.
BUT when I go to the western satellites, I can't get squat. You ole' C band timers help me figure out what I need to do! Please...
I don't want to monkey with the elevation or any other settings until I get some answers.
I was hoping that I didn't have to redo anything as far as the settings of the dish is concerned.
Thank you in advance...

was the old system plumb?
They may have "tuned " it with a slightly out of plumb mast.
I like to use a sat at each end of the arc to tune.
then the rest just fall in place.
You can get stuff on C4 and on T6-15 occasionally.

Tune the satellite which is true south for your location. Assuming the declination is correct, adjust elevation for best signal. Go to your Western most satellite or the most Western satellite with an analog signal and loosen the mount bolts on the pole slightly and move the dish east or west by hand to maximize the signal. Retighten the bolts and move to an Eastern most satellite with analog signal. If the dish is still off, loosen the bolts and move the dish by hand to maximize signal. Retighten the bolts and move the dish back to your true south satellite. If the signal is fine, you are properly aligned. If not, adjust the elevation slightly to maximize signal.

This website should help you:

Footprints by Dish Size - Adjusting the Polar Mount for Prime Focus Antenna - C/Ku-Band Satellite Systems - Tuning, Tracking, Azimuth, Elevation, Declination Angles, F/D Ratio, Focal Distance, Inclinometer, LNB/Feedhorn Assembly, Actuator Assembly, C

Thank you, gpat and photoman!
Gpat, I never thought about the original pole may be set different than mine! Tomorrow I am going to check the level of the original pole (my neighbor used to have the dish) and compare to mine.
Photoman, thanks for the info of that site! I am printing a copy of that info to take out to the new site of that dish. I got my satellite signal meter ready to use.
Any more suggestions from other C band pros are welcomed as well!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts