WFXW(fox affiliate) changing to WAVW Sept 1st and becoming ABC affiliate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You'll lose the Springfield ABC because you'll have your own.

As for Fox, more than likely Dish will import Springfields. Unless of course one of the other stations in the market picks up Fox as a digital substation.

as of right now nobody is picking up the Fox affiliate so yes you'd get an imported Fox station (unless one is added locally by then)

This will interesting to watch as it could be WRSP/WCCU. Right now WICD(WICS) claims most of the Terre Haute area with a "Grade B" signal from the analog days and is easily received digitally. No FOX station outside of Terre Haute could claim this. So it could be WXIN (Indianapolis) or WEVV (To become FOX July, 1) (Evansville) if dish ads the subchannel. It will probably not be WEVV because it is on EA. Both Springfield's and Indianapolis' spot beam on WA covers the Terre Haute area.

Last edited:
as of right now nobody is picking up the Fox affiliate so yes you'd get an imported Fox station (unless one is added locally by then)

I would be willing to bet that FOX WILL get another one of the local stations to affiliate as a subchannel by 9/1/11 change - just like they have done with the other markets that have lost their existing FOX affiliates. DISH will then simply add that said FOX subchannel to the TH locals lineup.
Unfortunately, the ONLY other station would be WTHI-10 - as WTWO-2 is ALSO owned by Nexstar, so that's obviously out of the question.

The bigger concern for everyone should be - if this happens, will the subchannel be in HD? From the looks in some other markets, it may NOT be... :eek: :rolleyes:

I would be willing to bet that FOX WILL get another one of the local stations to affiliate as a subchannel by 9/1/11 change - just like they have done with the other markets that have lost their existing FOX affiliates. DISH will then simply add that said FOX subchannel to the TH locals lineup.
The bigger concern for everyone should be - if this happens, will the subchannel be in HD? From the looks in some other markets, it may NOT be... :eek: :rolleyes:
It probably won't be WTWO (NBC), as they are co-owned by WFXW (the ones with the retrans dispute with Fox).

WTHI (CBS) is a possibility, their owner LIN-TV already has some other Fox affiliates. They already have a CoolTV digital sub-channel, but that could/would easily be dropped for Fox and it's higher ratings.

The only other options is a couple low powered station that hasn't even gone digital yet, or the university owned PBS. I don't see it being either of them, so the only potential for a local Fox would be WTHI adding it as a subchannel.

Last edited:

it all depends if there is a feed available in HD..In some cases they do 480i widescreen.
There is a market about 70 miles from me (Mankato, MN) that is a 1 channel market. CBS on main channel and Fox on subchannel
CBS is 1080i
Fox is 480i widescreen....so 90% of the day its black bar hell. Only when Fox national programming is on do you fill the screen

It all depends. You can get 2 720p feeds on one channel. In Montana (almost all markets) the Fox subchannel is on ABC and both are in 720p HD
Some areas have a HD feed supplied to cable/satellite but not OTA. The example I gave above (KEYC Mankato) I know on Directv they get a direct feed from the studio and not OTA (the station goes off the air every night and OTA the signal goes to 0 but on the DIrectv feed its just color bars. I dont know how Dish is picking it up. There is no "HD" per say Fox feed from them. Its just the 480i feed

Yep, right next door here in Springfield MASS, I get it over the air as a subchannel to the ABC station.

Any News About Terre Haute And A New Fox Affiliate?

Has anyone heard any news about a new fox affiliate in the terre haute market ive been looking on the net and can't come up with any info about it?

They will have to remove WICS ABC Springfield and will add another out of market FOX to fill in, since FOX apparentenly will not be on another stations sub-channel locally. This may not happen September 1. It most likely will be WRSP/WCCU, Springfield/Champaign (GOCOM Media of. Illinois) or WXIN, Indianapolis (Tribune). Both are on 129 and both spotbeams are easily received in the Terre Haute DMA. It will probably come down to whatever station costs less per subscriber, since neither station could claim coverage in Terre Haute like WICS/WICD could. FOX not being on a sub-channel in Terre Haute is probably a good situation for viewers in Terre Haute as the signal would probably be in SD and importing a affiliate would mean it would be in HD and SD.

It probably will be 480i widescreen which looks better than 480i SD

Thats how it is in a few spots where FOx is a subchannel

Looks like your new FOX affiliate WILL be a sub on WTHI:

It was announced on the 6pm news this evening. Yes, yes, yes.

This is really going to suck because it will probobly not be in HD!!!!!!!!!!!1

Who cares, at least we will have FOX. I've lived most of my life without HD, I don't understand what's the big deal about it.

With WFXW switching to ABC we will now have will now have 4 ABC channels for the whole state, South Bend, Indianapolis, Evansville and Terre Haute. That's pretty lame for a state this big.

Last edited:
It was announced on the 6pm news this evening. Yes, yes, yes.

Who cares, at least we will have FOX. I've lived most of my life without HD, I don't understand what's the big deal about it.

With WFXW switching to ABC we will now have will now have 4 ABC channels for the whole state, South Bend, Indianapolis, Evansville and Terre Haute. That's pretty lame for a state this big.
Dont forget Fort Wayne!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts