Wgn Gone With The Wind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
WGN is no longer on C Band analog, G14, TP 13.:mad: NPS says that negotiations are ongoing to bring the digital channel to G3. No time table has been given. Seems like they would have waited to see if the Cubs were were in or out of the playoffs before they hammered the paying customer. But then, the paying customer means nothing in this business.:rolleyes:
To be honest I am suprised that it's been around this long. 25+ years isn't too bad.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is if NPS knows a channel is switching from analog to digital why aren't they working to get it uplinked as soon as they find out instead of having a long interuption in service? My wife is the one that gets mad about it. She says she pays for 1 year of service at a time, we are due in January. If they don't have WGN up and running before the end of the year I have only received 9 months of service when I have paid for 12 months. That's not right.

What I don't understand is if NPS knows a channel is switching from analog to digital why aren't they working to get it uplinked as soon as they find out instead of having a long interuption in service? My wife is the one that gets mad about it. She says she pays for 1 year of service at a time, we are due in January. If they don't have WGN up and running before the end of the year I have only received 9 months of service when I have paid for 12 months. That's not right.

NPS always seems to wait until the change before they start to do anything. I think it has to do with economics, since they can tag along for the ride for less without reuplinking it. The bad part is that your paying for it regardless while it is down because most people don't request credit. I went through this with NPS last year. You can request credit for down time.

To be responsible NPS should have the digital feed up before the change but never does. Kinda reminds me of the cable company I used to have. There was a move to different satellites back in the 80's and they didn't even attempt to get city permits to erect new dishes until the channels were gone.

Just bad business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)