What 2 Dishes will I Get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
I live in the Northeast (Delaware) and am scheduled for install on 3/4. I know that my locals (and HD locals) will be on the 61.5 satellite.

When I signed up - I was told I would need TWO dishes. Will I be getting two 500 dishes?? I understand I won't be getting a Dish 1000, b/c that's used to hit 129 - which I won't need.

Just trying to get a mental grasp on things...lol. Do they both point to the Southern sky - but just at a different angle??

2 seperate Dish500s. One pointing S-SW at the 110 & 119 and one pointing S-SE at the 61.5. They don't use single sat dishes anymore, so they just use the same dish for both. Generally, depending on trees and line of sight, they will probably put them close together. I really hope that they move the V* channels to the 110 after E* 10 is up and running and that they keep the 61.5 for Digital HD/LiLs. That would inconvience the fewest number of people. And could save E* money on equipment that they MAY(or may NOT) pass along to us in savings. I would like to see the price increases stop.

larrystotler said:
I really hope that they move the V* channels to the 110
That's NOT going to happen.

Any freed up space on 110/119 is going to be kept for other CONUS HD that hasn't even been thought of yet.

Remember, even with true MPEG-4, HD still uses 2-3 times the bandwidth of SD.