what a shame

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
yesterday i was at a house and saw a 12 ft clipse, i took a peek and saw the cables cut at the dish and the lnb taken off. the man told me that the guy who installed his dish net told him there were no more c band channels, that you cant even order them anymore. he cut the wires so he wouldnt have harm in case of a lightning strike. i told the man the truth that there is still plenty up there and he mentioned he used to watch nasa feeds and i let him know you can still catch an analog feed and 4 on dvb. the dish guy even took his analog receiver. i told him of all the analog feeds still up there and he got mad! its a shame that people do this. i am sure he would still keep his dish package, why take his analog setup down? some people are just wrong. i told him to look on ebay for an analog receiver and to call me and i will go run his wire to the dish again. by the way the initial dish installer didnt even have his 119 lnb hooked up, he was just getting 110 and has been paying for both for 6 mths!

It was a big thing that Dish net use to do, they did it around the time when they had a analog feed up saying c-band was dead and would be gone totally in 5 years, Dish is known for there wire cutting and bs. And they are still at it owning a big dish provider, I don't think they still cut the cables anymore though.

The installer just can't take his analog receiver. If I were Joe, I would call them and demand he return the receiver and rewire the dish. If they can't or refuse, I would seek legal action.

Like he said, the installer convinced him that it was not useful. The end user most certainly agreed to allow the installer to take his equipment. Around here, installers offered (or implied) a discount on the install in exchange for recycling your old equipment for you.

Sue him... also raise a big skunk about it so other dish installers find themselves in lots of hot water for doing that junk

i told alot of the guys where i work and they all said they wouldnt do such a thing. when i run into people with old equipment i am going to let them in that you can still get alot for free of the big dish. then if they dont want it anymore i will offer them money for the equipment. that is what primestar did to us when i was younger, they went out and cut the wires to the actuator of our bud. too bad i didnt know what was capable of picking up on that thing then, i was 16. i watched all the mlb package and nba package and could have watched it free via backhaul on c band, oh if i could go back! but yeah i hate that, i am sure i will see alot of that going on.

I Hate Dish Network My Self . They Are A BIG Ripp Off. My Gf Went With Directv. I Have My Big Dish Still up. if that guy from Dish or Direct would have cut my wires I'd slap the hell out him. that just makes me mad ! I hope Dish Goes Bankrupt and loses it all@ Bastid's!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)