WHAT ACTUATOR DO I HAVE?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
Removed the original actuator from my 7.5 ft mesh dish because I believe the sensor went out. I am hoping to buy a sensor and replace it if I can figure out what brand I've got. The actuator will move left and right by manually clicking the remote, but then will never move more without going to the VBox-X Powermax and manually moving it further.

My camera is on the blitz, so this is a guessing game...

1 1/4" to 1 1/2" tube diameter. Very heavy 24" long tube. Metal back motor cover with the standard 4 long screws into the casing.the only visible writing on a faded old sticker says "HTS, Boston Tracker System". I cannot see any brand like Von Weise or Venture anywhere. Nothing on the dish either to identify it, but I want to replace the sensor with the right item.

Do we have to have a picture to confirm the type?

Well, I guess my real question should be does it matter what sensor I buy to replace the old one with? Doesn't seem to be too many choices out there. Mine looks like a triangle with two wires connected to it. If I am describing the sensor...

T4Runner said:
Yes, and yes.

However, I replaced the actuator with a superjack II and no problems with the VBOX-x if that's where you're headed? Works fine with the new actuator. Just not as many pulses..

However, I replaced the actuator with a superjack II and no problems with the VBOX-x if that's where you're headed? Works fine with the new actuator. Just not as many pulses..

usually counts and then gives a E-2 error is a sign of poor connection. since you can connect another actuator to it and it acts fine , only thing i can think of is a bad / poor connection at the sensor area. maybe some corrosion has set in at the block. could be a quick check to pull the sensor wires, clean them and recheck the system. but i would agree at the sensor price would still be a good idea to have a spare :)

Yes, already ordered and I'll refurbish paint the whole actuator. It's not just old, it's in pretty sad shape. These old actuators are like solid granit to keep functioning for so many years like they do.

usually counts and then gives a E-2 error is a sign of poor connection. since you can connect another actuator to it and it acts fine , only thing i can think of is a bad / poor connection at the sensor area. maybe some corrosion has set in at the block. could be a quick check to pull the sensor wires, clean them and recheck the system. but i would agree at the sensor price would still be a good idea to have a spare :)

I had the exact same problem.
I had rusted terminal blocks inside the actuator cover, After moving the wires that where connected to the terminal blocks everything was ok. But that showed me that the fault was at the connections at the actuator.
After that everything was ok.
Look for rusted terminal blocks and corroded wires or loose wires.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts