What All Do I Neeed For FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Go ahead and buy yourself a basic setup to start out with, learn to point the dish before you motorize. Then buy another setup so you can watch with one reciever while blind scanning/motoring with the other.

I HIGHLY suggest the Fortec Mercury II from Sadoun. Best reciever I've ever had.

blind scanning

What Does Blind Scanning Mean? Does It Mean The BUD will move back and forth looking for sats?

blind scan means it will find the frequencies/symbol rates not posted on Lyngsat. Thats how all the feeds are found

you have to move the dish to each satellite

What do you have now? if you have 4dtv you can slave the dvb receiver to it easy, if you only have c-band c/ku is a big plus.

that was an old post. thanks but i ordered a coolsat 5000 and was wondering what blind scan meant :) thats all but thanks guys

What does BLIND SEARCH (aka SMART or POWER SCAN) mean? It means that the receiver will do an automatic scan of the incoming satellite signal in small steps for active symbol rates to determine if there are any live transponder signals transmitting Free to air TV or radio channels. In this special search feature, the receiver will not only identify the frequency but also the symbol rate, polarity, FEC, and PIDS. It will then store these transponders and any FTA channels it finds in its memory. Any encrypted channels it finds will not be displayed, instead you will see "BAD or ENCRYPTED SIGNAL". These are not FTA and will require subscription.
The BLIND SEARCH feature comes in handy if a channel has relocated to a new transponder or if you have a motorized C and/or KU band dish and enjoy surfing the satellites for available FTA channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts