What Am I Doing Wrong ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

superman-b-1

Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
First Of All I Have A 76cm Dish With A Qph-31 Quad Lnbf No Switch Connected Straight To My Coolsat 6000.
I Have Sighnal And Lock On To Sat 97.0w And Other Sats So I Did A Blind Scan And Got Lots Of Channels But When I Went To View Them I Had No Fta Channels And Nothing That I Could View What Am I Doing Wrong ?

What type of channels (ALL, FTA, Network,etc) did you scan for? Select only one sat (i.e. 97w) and select "All channels", polarity "All" Not sure if your receiver prompts you to save scanned channels, does on my MercII. Hope this helps. Also I assume you are taking one of the Linear LNB outputs directly to your receiver, correct?

I First Tryed All Then Just Fta Channels Same Results For Both.
Yaa With My Coolsat It Auto Saves The Scanned Channels.
But When I Went To View Them It Brought Up The Channels But Did'nt Find Any Fat Channels Just Scrambled Or A Screen With No Programming On It. Yes Right Now I've Only Got My Cable Connected To The "c" Fitting On The Lnb And Going Straight To The Reciever Should I Also Connect A Cable To The "l" Fitting Then To My Diseq2.0 Switch ?. And My Sighnal Was At About 90% With Quality @ 95% When Doing The Scanns At The Diff Frequencys.

G25 - 97°W is a linear so you need to hook up the "L" side. Set the LNB for standard, LO - 10750. (No switch yet, get it working first then add the switch) You should get channels on the "L" side.
Bob

G25 - 97°W is a linear so you need to hook up the "L" side. Set the LNB for standard, LO - 10750. (No switch yet, get it working first then add the switch) You should get channels on the "L" side.

And, you are not on G25 if you are getting circular. You are probably on Nimiq1 - 91W, 6 degrees away. Once you hook up the "L" side, scan "All channels" again, as there is also a linear satellite at the same location (Galaxy 11), then go to lyngsat.com and see if you are getting the channels listed on transponder frequency 12060 (most are scrambled, but a few show colour bars).

Look at the strong tp list and load those tps in to the receiver before just doing a random blind scan... so you have at least one signal that you know that you are really looking for on each bird, and you can hone in on the beeping if your receiver beeps or wait for signal quality to improve on that as you hone in... be careful though, some tps on different satellites have same tp values as tps on satellites in the arc further east or west... so once you have the tp entered, your reciever tells you that you have signal, then blind scan, figure out what channels come up, and compare it to the channel listed on mike kohl's website or on lyngsat...

I love mike's list since it's a little more detailed than lyngsat and is way easier to read.

Mike's list:
MPEG

also make sure you got your lo set up right... faq:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/

Status
Please reply by conversation.