What am I not doing right?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
:confused: Been doing my own sat installations and troubleshooting problems for my family since 1995 and never ran into a problem I didn't resolve. This one has me stumped.

My parents have VIP 222 receiver that they've been using on occasion when they go to their cabin. They only use it on one standard TV. They never had a problem in the past; just plugged it in and it was ready to go. This past weekend they couldn't get it to work so called me to see if I could help. I couldn't fix it no matter what I tried. I verified dish location wasn't moved and no blockage problems and all cable connections passed. System info (g) shows no signal on 110, 119 or 129 yet have good signal strength showing on signal meter for 110 (which is all they used to get programing before). Changed to 119 just in case DISH moved channels and got good signal but no programing. I did check switch on all sats and still no luck.

When they got home I hooked it back up it picked up everything so receiver is good.

Here's what was on Installation summary screen and System Info screen:

System Info: (g) sat signals red on all sats
(h) Device Dpp 1K.2,!K.2 (1) 1K.2 (2) 1K.2 (3)
Software ver L3.07
Modular Setup TV1: off
Signal meter: 110 Green locked 110 west
119 Red wrong sat 110 west
129 Red wrong sat 110 west

Installation Summary: Sat 110 119 129
trans OK OK OK
device 1K.2 1K.2 1K.2
status reception verified
Switch Dpp 1K.2/seperator

Any Suggestions?

that question is irrelevant to the issue.

So, you have a Dish 1000.2 in both locations? If you're 100% sure about line of sight, sounds like a bad LNBF cluster at the cabin, or a bear leaned on the dish and it's out of alignment and somehow pointed only at 110.

The dish is an old 500 that i had laying around and It has worked with the 222 trouble free for the past year. As for the sats, it was only picking up 110 which gave them all of their original channels but some HD content also (even though they didn't have a HD set in the cabin.

I don't think the dish is out of alignment since I verified strong signals on both 110 and 129 with the system signal meter.

What kind of LNBFs on that dish 500? If it's not DPP-something, you need two cables from the dish to the ViP222 since it has 2 tuners.

Something doesn't sound right: check switch is telling you it's a 1K.2, it only sees 110, but you see 129 as good on signal meter.

You cannot get both 110 and 129 with a Dish 500. According to what you posted, you are not getting 129 or 119 (if you were, the meter would be green not red), the meter is only picking up 110 and cannot tell from which lnb. If a check switch was not run once the receiver was hooked up to it would still give info on your previous dish. Try running a check switch and see what changes.

Your Dish at their cabin is pointed at the 110 Satellite. You need to move the Dish one orbital location over to the right (if you're behind the dish).

Hook your meter back up with the dish locked down.... then loosen the dish and swing the dish to the right (from behind it) until you find the next Satellite.... that is the 119, where you should be.

RV stuff

We take a piece of foil and cover the 110 side of the twin, then get a good signal on 119, set the antenna to the specs for the area, and then you should be getting 119 and 110. It is so easy to make the mistake of pointing the antenna at 110 on the 119 side...hope this helps..

According to your summary, 110 is on port 1 on a DPP1k.2 LNB, that means the dish is pointed wrong. Port 1 on a DPP 1k.2 LNB is supposed to be 119, it is the center eye. Cover up all but center eye and make sure to point it to 119. Most easily done using a regular 301 or 311 receiver.

Times like this I wish people would just post a picture of their dish and a picture of how it's hooked up behind the receiver. Says a lot more than words can. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)