What Antenna Settings for Tee-Comm 5000 LNB on Bud Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Hooked up my 4 LNB poles on my 12 footer Bud dish and since the BSC-621-2 won't fit I am trying to see if my Dish will pick anything up with the existing old Chaparral Single FeedHorn and Tee-Comm 5000 LNB. Re the Antenna setup: Does anyone know the LNB Type I would choose for the Tee-Comm ie Standard or Universal....., also LNB Frequency? LNB High? LNB Low?

Trying to find 97.0W to Scan in the Channels on 12 Foot Dish
Also for my Stab HH120 Motor I used USALS on my ViewSat Receiverfor my 1Meter Fortec Star Dish, if I want to run the 12 foot Dish Actuator which is now wired to my Uniden 9900 Receiver for power. My motor options available on the Viewsat Receiver which I want to control everything with are: Usals, Installer, User, and None. Which options if any do I choose here? Any replies would be appreciated.

standard and the LO will be 5150

to move the dish with the viewsat you would have to have a V-Box type or use the old analog receiver. once you have a v-box the big dish should understand 1.2 diesqc commands
USALS = USALS
installer or user command should be 1.2
none = no motor

use "NONE" when tuning with the analog receiver.

standard and the LO will be 5150

to move the dish with the viewsat you would have to have a V-Box type or use the old analog receiver. once you have a v-box the big dish should understand 1.2 diesqc commands
USALS = USALS
installer or user command should be 1.2
none = no motor

use "NONE" when tuning with the analog receiver.

Thanks Gabshere, I'm using the old Uniden 9900 Receiver and associated 9900P Power Supply to run the 12 footer dish actuator and for Polorotor Control on the Tee-Comm LNB. Hooked up the C Band RG 6 Connection from the Tee-Comm LNB but so far I can't get the RF Output to even show the time display calibration on my 2 TV Monitors, - just a bunch of snow. Have gotten the Actuator / Motor to move a few times but the Satellite Displays are: G6, E1, E4, or a bunch of other unrecognizable Satellite Names that just keeps Blinking on the Uniden 9900's Front Display Leds. Very frustrating not sure what to try next, but the Manual says something about the Limit Switches being out of whack when the Satellite Display name just keeps blinking?? But Nothing about how to fix this? Trying for my South Satellite 97.0W with no sucess at all. Maybe I should try a different LNB??

ok even though it sounds like your ready to start running , we will have to take a few steps at a time.
first if everything is connected to move the big dish , you will have to find a satellite
if your shooting for 97W then you will need to set the DVB receiver ( viewsat ) on a known transponder from that satellite. then move the big dish until we get a signal from that transponder.
you will be using the uniden to mark where the satellite is so you will have to set the east & west limits per manual. (setting the limits will allow you to move to different satellites once you have found them , programed them in and set them) If you don't set the limits it will still move the dish you would just have to mentally remember where they are until you set them.

so you will have to move the dish to the direction of the satellite ( 97W) and then tune ( or fine tune if you haven't on the polorotor to get the c-band signal)

so basically just move the dish to where you suspect 97W is and then using the viewsat on the live transponder bump it east or west a little bit at a time untill you get a signal.

Thanks George I appreciate your advice. Well it looks like the limit switches in the Uniden 9900 are doing nothing. I reset the counter to 0 the whether I push the Button for East or West limit the display shows a 0 the immidiately displays -L- or -U- after a couple of seconds - instead of moving the Actuator from counts 0 to 10. Had the Dish at the extreme Easterly Limit and past there and tried to command it to go Back to the Westerly direction but no luck?? Also discovered that my B and Sen wires were reversed so I corrected this but it made absolutely no difference.

Finally took my 12 VDC Battery Charger connected to (+) RED and (- ) Black wires and drove the dish all the way back until I heard the unit click outside when the shaft was fully retracted. When you say setup for 97.0W do I manually move the Dish over there? I'd like to motor it close to that spot if possible - maybe use the Battery Charger again? Not much seems to be working with that Uniden 9900 and Power Supply, maybe I should be looking into getting a VBox III?

Also and this is likely a dumb question but since I already have Sats 97.0W, 72.0W 79.0W already stored in my ViewSat Antenna settings for the Stab Motor and Fortec Dish on my roof, I'm wondering how to setup duplicate satellite settings on my same Viewsat Receiver for the 12 footer while preserving the setup for the Stab Motor Sats? Do I just create/ select a new Satellite in antenna settings for each Scanned in Satellite on the 12 foot dish?

May have found the major cause of my Actuator problems. It looks like the Uniden 9900P Power Supply is NOT sending out 36VDC power to the Actuator. Read in the 9900manual there was a push to reset circuit breaker that says: If unit powers up (9900 Receiver) but fails to move the Antenna try pressing the ACT circuit breaker. Pressing this green type of plastic button circuit breaker does nothing, and VDC out of 36 VDC + and - pins reads 0 VDC. Now there is a Power Output Connector between the Uniden Receiver and Power Supply that at one end looks frayed or in not to good a shape!! I'll try and repair it but If I have to get a V Box III, does anyone know it has Polarotor Control so that I can run a CorotorII Feedhorn and LNB's??

no a v-box won't control the polarity but the uniden will for the time being ( just changing the channel)

a v-box for me made it easier.... ( it was also a reason i went with the bsc621 help make the setup controled by my coolsat only)

i used a channel editor for my coolsat and made dupiclates of all my sats and listed one as c-band and the orther as ku it worked for me even though that might have the same motor location. it helps when configuring up the lnbf's.

yeah motor over, most old analog receivers will move the dish even with the limits not set. some might flake out ( error ) cause they don't know the limits but everyone i used will still move the dish ( even without limit sensor wires connected).

main thing now is for finding a channel and tuning ..... later it will be improtant to get the limits set and sensor for location ( every time it moves) if not you will basically have to manually find your sats each time...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)