What are Good Signal Numbers on EA

DIRT is sending another tech out. They are requesting some higher level technician. The DIRT agent agrees that three Hoppers and WA should work. He said he had three Hoppers and they were on a WA setup.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have four Hoppers on a 1000.2 WA and have had them since February 2013. I had three Hoppers since June 2012 and two Hoppers since launch. I installed the switches myself. I have a DPP44 and a DPP33. Two Duo Nodes. Before that with three Hoppers it was a Duo Node and a Solo Node. Three lines from the 1k.2 WA dish. 119 port 1, 110 port 2, 129 port 3. If you need a diagram I have one available.

I have four Hoppers on a 1000.2 WA and have had them since February 2013. I had three Hoppers since June 2012 and two Hoppers since launch. I installed the switches myself. I have a DPP44 and a DPP33. Two Duo Nodes. Before that with three Hoppers it was a Duo Node and a Solo Node. Three lines from the 1k.2 WA dish. 119 port 1, 110 port 2, 129 port 3. If you need a diagram I have one available.
Thanks, I showed him your diagram (I used it too to wire mine, it is excellent). Now, I told him what colour was for what port (I have little coloured labels wrapped around the cables at both ends) I did not personally verify that he hooked them up correctly, he claimed he did, but it was about 100 degrees outside and I still had my clothes on from work and didn't want to change into work clothes to go outside so I took his word.

Well, they called and I'll be damned if it's not the same GD guy they sent on Friday that didn't have a clue. He was in a hurry to get to some previously planned engagement on Friday. I have my work clothes on today, so I shall be sure he hooks it up like it's supposed to be and then if it don't work, I am going to contact DIRT again, what little good it seemed to do this time. Kind of like Einstein's definition of insanity "doing the same thing twice and expecting different results" that is Dish for you though.

I have numbers in the low 40's to low 50's on my EA setup, however now I have rain fade with moderate rainshowers, which I never had when I was on the WA. Since DISH migrated me to the EA this past March, I have had outages by ten fold. Prior to being moved I could count on one hand the number of times my system lost signal during a thunderstorm. Now, all it has to do is cloud up and sprinkle and I have no signal. I have complained and they would send out a tech for the usual tech fee, but I am not paying for them to come out and look at something that I did not ask to be changed over. I was fine on the WA, I never use DISH for locals, I have OTA that I watch for my locals, but now I am stuck with a system that is underperforming since they switched me over and I am seriously considering leaving after being a customer for 11 years.

I think that the current 1000.2 EA dish is too small for rainfade prone areas. The southeast, east Texas areas such as that have frequent rain in the afternoon in the summertime.

Well, they came yesterday to try and repoint the dish. He tried peaking on EA first, and couldn't get any better than what I originally had, so he decided to get a WA dish and LNB and install it. He got the dish peaked good, signals in the 70's however, there was a problem. I have three Hoppers and for some reason, with that WA dish, the Hoppers could only see 119 and 129, they never did see 110. He had 119 on port 1 of the DPP44, 110 on port 2 and 129 on port 3. We even tried a back up brand new DPP44 that I had to make sure it wasn't the switch. Still got the same results. All I could think is, he never did try hooking up the 4th port on the WA LNB to the switch. I know that it is supposed to be for an input, but I wonder if it has to be hooked up to the DPP44 with the Hopper to disable some sort of internal switch?
We finally ended up going back to the 1000.2 EA dish and everything is working like it was, no better, no worse. I know with that 1000.2 EA DP Twin LNB, if ALL 3 outputs are not hooked up to the DPP44, it will only see 72 and not 61.5. Even though there are only two satellites and 72 is out of the port 1 and port 3, all three still have to be hooked up.
I guess I will just have to live with poor signal strength if I am going to have three Hoppers. Wish there was some way I could figure out how to have a dedicated dish on 72 and a dedicated dish on 61.5 and I would just get me another meter and set it up myself like that.

There is something a miss with your equipment. You do not have to nor should ran 3 lines from 1k2 EA lnbf to a switch. In your case most likely the cable going to input 2 on switch is bad, and thats why 61 comes on 3rd line and you were missing 110.

Just a week ago I did 1k2 EA + 118 for itnl for a HWS + 2J. I ran only two lines from ports 1 & 2 on lnbf and single line from dpp 500+ lnbf port 3 to a 44 switch. I had all 3: 72, 61 & 118 showing on HWS as it should.

On the other hand, what tech did you have that was experimenting with your equipment instead of pulling from his inventory? Sounds a bit shady to me.

There is something a miss with your equipment. You do not have to nor should ran 3 lines from 1k2 EA lnbf to a switch. In your case most likely the cable going to input 2 on switch is bad, and thats why 61 comes on 3rd line and you were missing 110.

Just a week ago I did 1k2 EA + 118 for itnl for a HWS + 2J. I ran only two lines from ports 1 & 2 on lnbf and single line from dpp 500+ lnbf port 3 to a 44 switch. I had all 3: 72, 61 & 118 showing on HWS as it should.

On the other hand, what tech did you have that was experimenting with your equipment instead of pulling from his inventory? Sounds a bit shady to me.

That sounds like the answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts