What are my 4.2.2 options?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh and one more note about those whom already own a PC and dont want to spend additional $$$ like some have posted here. Dont forget to bring that bulky PC to the Living room or where ever u have that large TV and where the rest of your FTA stuff is. And enjoy dragging back to your PC desk again when needed for what the PC was meant for.

Happy 422 no matter how u do it. :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

TS Reader Professional is 400 dollars. I was curious if most people here were using the Lite, Regular or Prof version

Ive seen people use all.. here and other sites.

Me?? I use Lite on my Prof 7500 and BLscan dos software

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So strange that a few here are so blinded against the PC integration into the entertainment experience and more specifically, satellite viewing and DVR.

No need to ever move the PC at my home. The PC sits near the office desk and have a 25' HDMI cable passing through a wall plate to the main TV.

photo(10).JPG

Use a Lenovo N5901 RF Mini remote w/keyboard for most media control and have a regular Wireless keyboard and mouse if I want to have a big screen computer experience.

Don't need to add a dedicated STB for viewing or DVR. For me it is the best solution for having access to any media ranging from satellite, OTA, DVR, photo / music libraries, Pandora, Netflix, Amazon, etc. Otherwise, I would have a stack of electronics (STBs, DVR, DVD, CD, Roku, etc) next to the TV and the computer would only be used when sitting in the office (other than my microHD)! :D

Seems like a HDMI cable and a PCI DVBS card is a great investment and value... ;)

Last edited:
Yes, My computer is in the den. But it runs a projector and 10' screen and the 52" TV in the Living room, as well as another projector in the den. I have 30' HDMI and SVGA cables running in the crawlspace. I like to take advantage of all the possibilities. :)

So strange that a few here are so blinded against the PC integration into the entertainment experience and more specifically, satellite viewing and DVR.

No need to ever move the PC at my home. The PC sits near the office desk and have a 25' HDMI cable passing through a wall plate to the main TV.

I don't believe they are blinded per say, but most may not fully understand the setup and what is needed.
Coupled with the fact there are many different cards on the market it makes it difficult for those wanting to venture into to it to make heads or tails of what would work for them.

First off the computer should have plenty of ram with a good cpu capable of handling some of the feeds up there.
Then there is the pci card that will be able to decode the signals they are looking for.
4:2:2 is only one of the items people want then there are the many 16ASPK signals up there that with the right equipment is also FTA. Not sure about the 32ASPK signals as I have not found any 24/7 yet but some keep reporting those as well. No sense in starting out only to find you want to upgrade right away because you picked up the wrong one.

If those using them would post a bit more on their setups then maybe the discussion could take a different turn here to one that would be more beneficial to those looking into using the pci card system.

I haven't bought a desktop PC in 13 years. All work and play is on my current laptop. So I could only use USB accessories. And that would hinder my ability to carry the laptop to use wirelessly wherever I feel like.

Prof 7500 + HDMI output on laptop works great.

Taking a laptop out to the dish with a USB tuner makes alignment much easier than dragging out a TV and a receiver...

Although these days I have DVB tuners running on a server so when I need to take the laptop out to the dish I skip the USB tuner part entirely and I just remote desktop into my server via my Wi-Fi (which extends well across my yard with strong signal strength) and then I just control my dish via the server using remote desktop on the laptop instead.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)