What are my options (got 211 need 622)

Clint3200

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
I have browsed this site recently and enjoy the topics....here is my question.

I am a new sub. I was previously with D*. When I signed up I chose the 211 with the HD gold pack. I already have a stand alone DVD-recorder which we used to record shows from D*...

Anyway, I have had E* for 5 weeks and just recently realized I messed up and should've gone with the 622. My DVD recorder cannot record HD (I know I should've thought of that sooner, but I was gone for 2 weeks and had not even thought of recording things yet).

So, I call the CSR at E* to ask about swapping the receivers out and she said since I was past the first 30 days (by 8 days), I would have to pay additional upfront fee ($98 i think), additional $11 fee per month and add another 18 months to the current 17 month contract. Can this be correct?

What, if anything can I do?

Thanks for any suggestions.

no not really! you can add the vip622 for $199.99 they will restart your contract when installed and throw away your first contract. the $11 is the dvr fee and lease fee $5.99 plus $4.99. read through the board there are a lot of other fees that could apply if you don't do certain things like hd fee if you drop hd/ phone fee if not connected/ if you get the top two hd packs the dvr fee is waved and so on. if they are offering you the vip 622 for $98 call them back right now and accept the deal!!!! have they given you the $200 back in $20mo yet if not you should fill the form out on line.

You response sounds very reasonable and what I expected. THe CSR made it sound like there was no "starting over"...and the contract would be for 3 yrs....

I have done the 200 back promo, but not seen it yet.

Thanks for the input. I'll try to get someone who speaks English tomorrow.