What are the current 622 deals?

avaddict

Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Hello everyone,
First off I hope this isn't too *stupid* a question but....
I've lurked on this site for a while and have gotten GREAT info here, however, I've been gone for a while.

I'm trying to decide between cable or upgrading my Dish stuff.

Been a customer since the beginning (realy have no idea how many.... since 96 maybe??? definitely before 98) and now have: 508, 811, and ancient Legacy thing that is horrible to use.

I see on the Dish Network site that there is what *looks* like a pretty good deal on new programing and a *free* HD reciever upgrade.

The details are vague on the *free* upgrade, and I see it's apparently for new customers. What exactly is the cost?

Can anyone give me the lowdown on what I'm looking at to get 1 (possibly 2) 622's to replace my existing stuff? Do I HAVE to give them my owned equipment? (although I would love to send them the Legacy Thing :eek:)

Do I have to cancel my sub and sign up as a new customer? It seems silly, but I know Dish can be real dumb about such things...

This kind of info has been easy to find before, but right now I can't find current info and the search is thick with stuff that doesn't help. Thought I'd just come out and ask. Hopefully I don't get flamed :D

Thanks!

Chris

<edit> oh yea! I almost forgot to ask if they still have name based recording or did they/will they turn that off with the whole Tivo lawsuit thing? That was a great feature I was looking forward to!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts