What Are the Symptoms of a Bad DishPro Adapter?

tvrocker2k5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Hey everyone,
I have been trying to get one of my legacy adapters to work with just a DP34 and a DP Twin LNBF and a DISH pointing at 61.5 and another DISH pointing at 119 and 110. The problem I am having is that my 2800 with a DISHPro Adapter connected, only sees the even transponders. Here is my question: Does the DP34 work with just a DISHPro adapter and a legacy adapter or does it need a DP receiver hookd to it as well? When I plug the the DISHPRO adapter into the wall, and not hooked up to the receiver or the DP34, I have 20 volts on the output to the switch, without the switch being connected. Does this sound like the DISHPro adapter is working properly?

Thanks!
tvrocker2k5

Could very well be bad DP adaptor. Very high failure rate. Just had a doa yesterday. Symptom was only one sat found "even" and did not recognize it.

In your case I would do more switch checks. Try dif combinations of sd checks on the "switch check" screen.
I believe you have to check the 3 sat box. Don't know for sure as I only do superdish.

2800 alone should work fine.

Is you D500 DP also? It must be, to feed the DP34.

I have noticed on a DishPro Adaptor that I believe is not working correctly that the odd transponders are working but the even transponders are not. I know that odd transponders are 13 V and even transponders are 18 V without the DishPro adaptor. The wire is 2.25 GHZ ran 140 feet and is new. I swapped receivers to see if it was the receiver but when I done that it did the same thing in the same room on the other receiver. When I swapped the DishPro Adaptor the problem followed the Adaptor. Within a day after that (maybe even the same night) the room in which was experiencing the problem is experiencing it again on the other DishPro Adaptor. What could be the issue? The SuperDish, switch, and adaptors is new. The receivers are 5-6 years old but I dont think both would go bad just like that.

One of you gets even the other odd. :) weird

Don't be supprised if they are both bad. I was out on a job with 3 adaptors in truck. The one with the problem and two others were bad. It took two hours of frustration before I opened the third one. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts