What brand of Cband LNB,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftaobsession

Original poster
May 2, 2009
mexico
Hi guys, I got a question for the experts. I am planning to buy a cband LNB: But I dont know what brand to choose among WS or DMS. Please advice me what brand is better.
Thank for your help, And sorry for my bad english. I am in Mexico city.

Are you wanting C-band only or a C/Ku Band LNBF?

Hi ke4est, I want it only for c band but its not a bad idea thinking about for both bands Ku and C band. could you tell me what brand is better for the two options?
Thanks a lot for your help.

ftaobsession said:
Hi ke4est, I want it only for c band but its not a bad idea thinking about for both bands Ku and C band. could you tell me what brand is better for the two options?
Thanks a lot for your help.

The WSI esx-241 and the DMS bsc-421 are pretty much the same unit. They are both nice and cheap and will get the job done for a few years. The dual model #'s are esx-242 and bsc-422.

I have tested all four units and can't tell any difference between the two brands.

The dual model #'s are esx-242 and bsc-422.
These are 'dual output' C band, (two receivers simultaneously) not 'dual band'(C & Ku)
Dual band (C & Ku) BSC-621, and the XXX-741 (Replace XXX with a variety of letters, NS, DMX and others I cannot remember)
I cannot give you first had experience with them as I prefer Ku on their own dishes. Except to say it's usually a compromise. You lose some performance to get both bands in one combo feed horn.`

The 741s work well for C-band, maybe 1-2dB down from the 242, 241, etc. Ku reception is ok but nothing spectacular. They work well for the cost, I have used them for a while now and are convienient if you only want to put up one C-band dish. A second motorized 36"+ dish with a good dedicated Ku LNBF is better IMHO. That way both can be maximized for the bands they were designed for. The motorized Ku dish saves your C-band positioner when switching between Ku channels too.

I played around with the 621 and 741, I found the older version of the 741 to have better ku over the 621, I have not used the newer 741.

Cheapest combo lnb (c/ku) I found is $15.99 at ivystoneplace.com. I bought two. With shipping, $40! You can take one apart and see how it works. Put the other one on your dish. Cheap. I'm not pushing this vendor. I've purchased them two times. They were delivered undamaged. This can be a cheap hobby. Or you can pay what you want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts