What Cables included with 622?

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Am doing some advanced wiring/set up for upcoming upgrade. Wanted to know what cables come with and/or what I need to buy. HDMI?
Componet? Thanks!!

Most, including me, say they received NO cables with their 622. Others have said they received them with their 622.

If I were you, i'd pick up whatever cable you prefer to use just in case. You can always return it. Also, if you decide on HDMI, having a spare component cable on hand wouldn't be a bad idea. You have probably seen the numerous HDMI port failure posts on here.

www.firefold.com Great prices on cables

in my dishin'it'up 622 I had component, HDMI->DVI, DVI->HDMI cables in the box.

the 2 DVI's would mate to make a full HDMI->HDMI.

just a data point.

Am doing some advanced wiring/set up for upcoming upgrade. Wanted to know what cables come with and/or what I need to buy. HDMI?
Componet? Thanks!!
i got component with my 622 yesterday, i was going to run to the store to pick some up cuz the ones from comcast were really thin the ones dish brought while no monster were decent

I got my 622 a couple of weeks ago, no component or HDMI included, so you'd be wise to get these yourself, just in case. Which one (HDMI or component) is up to you, both will provide a great picture, and arguments can be made for either. As is often repeated around here, go to www.monoprice.com and order your cables there, avoid buying them locally, unless you're willing to pay outrageous prices.
Personally, I went with HDMI, mostly because it allows for longer runs. I have my DVD player and 622 in a shelf about 15' away from my TV, with 20' HDMI cables connecting things.

Got my 622 a few months ago and it only came with component, but the installer brought an HDMI cable for. A friend had a 622 installed on Saturday, and they only had component then. So it seems it is largely up the installer.

One more question. Were the supplied cables 3' or 6' (or thereabouts)?

I just purchased my 622 and in the box were only composite and s-video. I'm using component that I already had for right now.

I called before my Dish it Up and was told only Component Cables were included. Sure enough, they were correct. I purchased an HDMI cable before the install and the installer did the rest. I believe the component cable was about 6'.

Mine did not have HDMI

Hoever the installer (dish) not contractor said he had a couple and would put one in. I didn't have to ask he just did it. He said dish sends the installers the cables every once in a while, they install them with the higher quality cable if available.

My 1st 622 came with rca and s-video cables. During the install the installer called Dish and they sent HDMI to DVI and component cables. They were 6 feet. I had no HD until the cables arrived. I had to put them in and it wasn't a big deal. When I ordered my 2nd 622 , I requested the cables I needed and they were sent with the unit.

My 622 that was just installed had no HDMI or RGB. S-vid and RCA only. What a joke!

I had to run out to the Shack while the tech was here.

Seems weird that so many folks are getting them in different configurations. I was here wen the boxed was opened, so it wasnt like the contractor was nicking them or anything.

My installer (yesterday, Dish, not sub) started with the "Now, in order for the unit to work properly, you are going to need an HDMI cable. I have one in the truck." To which I responded, "I don't want the HDMI, I want the component that comes with the unit (to hook into my receiver)." He just kind of looked at me like, "damn, he got me".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)