What can I do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

En66

Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
We are moving to a new apartment, which is in a community, and lease states that dish is not allowed installed on the property. I still have a year left in the contract signed last year with D*, and I'm afraid I have to pay out the behind when I have to cancel before the end of the contract. Do I have any other option than pay for the last year? Any advise or comments are much appreciated.
FYI, I have only had it for a year start of June.

A common/exclusive area would be a porch or a patio. Apartment does not have a porch or a patio, and this is on the second floor. This being a 3 story building, roof is out of the question. Would be different if the apartment was on the 3rd floor I believe, reason be the roof would be a part of the rented property. I will ask the landlord even though the lease says not allowed, and show them the FCC fact sheet, and go from there.
Thanks for the tip!

If he has a window facing the correct direction, he could put the dish inside.
Just make sure the glass is transparent to the signal.

If he has a window facing the correct direction, he could put the dish inside.
Just make sure the glass is transparent to the signal.
Or he could have shopped for a satellite friendly apartment since he knew he still had a year on his lease.

Satellite friendly apartment? You need to get married, and then try and let the dish decide where you live instead of your wife. Let me know how it goes. :p

Satellite friendly apartment? You need to get married, and then try and let the dish decide where you live instead of your wife. Let me know how it goes. :p

When we move, the ability to install my dish is the FIRST criteria that must be met before I entertain any thought of going through the rest of the checklist :), & yes I am married...

One could install SD directv inside but your normal directv tech will not. Will it work ?? yes but the signal will be low with the window closed . dual pain windows your SOL.

I manage many apartment and condo MDU that have a central sat system for new and existing customers. Owners and managers love it any damages they know who to look for , same trusted techs coming in and out.

That is one of the funniest replies I've ever read on here.

Maybe I'm just lucky but when we were looking for a house, my wife (who doesn't care if it's from satellite or cable as long as she can watch it) knew how important having DirecTV was to me and would always ask if I'd be able get the signal okay. Her only request was that it would be installed in a way that it wouldn't "look ugly". Of course, I had to give in on a couple of things that were important to her.

When we move, the ability to install my dish is the FIRST criteria that must be met before I entertain any thought of going through the rest of the checklist :), & yes I am married...

Wife is fed up with the dish, after having 4 receivers replaced over the course of the first year. Not just the hassle for not having TV while we wait for a replacement, but also that all of her recorded shows are gone each and every time it's replaced. So with the "No dish" stipulation in the lease, she's a happy camper. Problem I have now is that I have to pay for the last year, and I have a feeling it won't be cheap. Just have to live with it.

Well with all that the thread and all the comments are totally moot right? The wife made all the decisions. Done deal.

Done deal? By far! I talked to the on-site manager and they will talk to the realty company and see if it's possible, so nothing is set in stone yet. I was hoping I would be able to work something out and keep the dish.

LOL; but what about the wife? I mean I would have pressed on regardless but you made it sound like she decided; HAHA, good luck!

From a few past experiences I've had with movers in your situation is Directv will cancel your contract no fees needed. As long as you can get the documentation from the office stating specific dish mounting rules and have your installer note it can not be done to those rules you should be fine.

Sorry OP your screwed. The things we do for women......(they hold all the power) ......If I recall correctly the early termination fee is $20 per month. So you would owe roughly $240. I would try Blktaws6 idea and let DirecTV know the issue. You may get lucky....enjoy your cable!:eek::eek::eek:

Wife is fed up with the dish, after having 4 receivers replaced over the course of the first year. Not just the hassle for not having TV while we wait for a replacement, but also that all of her recorded shows are gone each and every time it's replaced. So with the "No dish" stipulation in the lease, she's a happy camper. Problem I have now is that I have to pay for the last year, and I have a feeling it won't be cheap. Just have to live with it.

Hows she gonna feel when the Cable Company DVR goes on the fritz and she losses all he shows ?
Curious, are you in a Aerial plant or a buried one, when the Cable company signal goes out, it for more than a few minutes, it will be days, at least when you lose signal due to weather , it's back shortly afterwards.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)