What can I pick up with my receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hotwire132002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2004
I was given a Scientific Atlanta D9222 receiver. Any idea what I can pick up with it? Also, anywhere online I can get more information?

I have a 30" Ku-Band dish, w/LNB.

I did a search and all it says is
"Scientific Atlanta D9222 Digital C-band"

so I'm assuming it is C-band only...sounds like it could get 4DTV stuff if properly equipped (ie: C-Band dish)

Iceberg said:
I did a search and all it says is
"Scientific Atlanta D9222 Digital C-band"

so I'm assuming it is C-band only...sounds like it could get 4DTV stuff if properly equipped (ie: C-Band dish)

I know that it can pick up Ku-Band (which is good since I only have a Ku-Band dish), but what I'm wondering is what I'll be able to pick up, since I don't believe it's digital. It looks like most of the free stuff is digital now (or am I completely wrong?), so, I'm trying to figure out what I can pick up.

If you have access to AMC9 (85) tune to that satellite and select channel 19
12080 Vertical polarity

If you get color bars its analog. There is a test card there.

If you don't it might be digital.

Still a load of sports feeds on analog ku band, check it out at the weekend or game nights, also see the "whats up there" area as we have started posting analog finds there, should be worth seeing what you can find with it, good luck.

hotwire132002 said:
I was given a Scientific Atlanta D9222 receiver. Any idea what I can pick up with it? Also, anywhere online I can get more information?

I have a 30" Ku-Band dish, w/LNB.

It's an MPEG-1.5 PowerVu receiver. There are a few signals out there that use this format, but they are usually encrypted. There are some on Anik F1

mkm4 said:
It's an MPEG-1.5 PowerVu receiver. There are a few signals out there that use this format, but they are usually encrypted. There are some on Anik F1

When my Ku-Band dish comes in, I'll tell you what I can pick up and I'll keep you updated!

I've been looking up the MPEG-1.5 feeds, and they all seem to say "<<CITY NAME>> mux", then list two channels. What does this mean? Also, I'm a little confused at how LyngSat lists the information. Is there a guide on how to "decode" the table? Thanks!

hotwire132002 said:
I've been looking up the MPEG-1.5 feeds, and they all seem to say "<<CITY NAME>> mux", then list two channels. What does this mean? Also, I'm a little confused at how LyngSat lists the information. Is there a guide on how to "decode" the table? Thanks!

The "<<CITY NAME>> mux", is the name of the mux, the stations listed underneath are the signals on the mux. What's a 'mux?' A multiplexed signal.

Also, on lyngsat, anything in yellow or white is not encrypted. The gray signals are usually part-time and may or may not be encrypted.

mkm4 said:
The "<<CITY NAME>> mux", is the name of the mux, the stations listed underneath are the signals on the mux. What's a 'mux?' A multiplexed signal.

Also, on lyngsat, anything in yellow or white is not encrypted. The gray signals are usually part-time and may or may not be encrypted.

Does that mean I won't be able to pick up the MPEG-1.5 signals listed? They're red.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts