What can ya do with legacy stuff?

izod

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Cumming, GA
So I picked up two dish 500s - one with a quad, and one with a twin - and a sw64. What can you do with these? Does anyone still use them? Will any retailers give credit on other equipment? I know I need a DPP44 for my setup. Any ideas?

Last edited:
people still use Legacy all the time. They will work with any receiver and if you only have 2 recievers you'd be all set up :)

Two dual receivers, maybe add a 211 in the future - wanna hit 110,119,129, and 61.5. I've got a Dish 500 DPP aimed at 110/119, another Dish 500 aimed at 61.5, and I'm going to add a Dish 500 at 129.

Since I've already got a DPP LNB on 110/119 and a single DP LNB on 61.5, I'd rather just get another single DP LNB for 129 and tie it all together with a DPP44. Anyone want this legacy stuff? Make an offer? Maybe barter + cash for a DPP44 and a single DP LNB?

Iceberg said:
people still use Legacy all the time. They will work with any receiver

Also, from an installation standpoint, they are handy if you are forced to use old RG-59 cable embedded in walls for any extended distance. (yes, I know sometimes you can get by w/DP on RG-59, but using legacy is less risky)

Oooh! Good point!

Legacy requirements aren't as stringent due to the lower freq's. I've been known on occasion to use a Legacy Quad in lieu of a DP Twin just because of the existing, and impossible to replace due to it being "embedded in" the walls, RG-59.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)