What Causes Numerous Splitters to Fail ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a hairline crack causing water to get in and wick up the drip loop destroying fittings and ground blocks. Basically had to beg for them to replace the cable because all they ever want to do is put new ends on and replace ground block. I had been doing that my self for a long time so I really had to convince them it just buys a few months time. I had aluminum siding at the time so maybe it cut the cable in the corner bead it was tucked into. Now I have Vinyl siding so the corner bead isn't as sharp so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I think you have a similar issue. You'd be surprised how water can wick through a cable.

Oh I know. I had an idiot installer run an Ariel cable over a garage and let the cable rest on the roof of the garage instead of using messenger wire.

The wire rubbed through the installation on the roof and the water wicked through the Ariel cable about 100 feet to the basement.

Of course my idiot installers kept going out and replacing burned ends every 2-3 months, instead of looking into the real issue.

I even had one where I didn't install any drop loops at my house on a temp install and the water traveled down the outside of the cable and made a big puddle in my basement. It was so bad I just installed some new plumbing and thought I didn't do my connections right.

Reactions: cypherstream
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)