What channel would you choose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LBRD

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
MN
If you have a stationary 36" dish and a invicom LNB what channel would you choose ?:confused:

Informative news channels: ABC News (89W), CCTV (95W), Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Ebru (97W)
Very old shows: RTV (83W)
Documentaries: CCTV Documentary (95W), PBS World (125W: need an AC3 decoder for audio)
Huge variety of foreign channels: 97W

the motorized isnt working right?

I don't know what happend but I think the receiver connection came loose. I was hoping I could set it to one sat. and see a variety of channels and then next spring get a new motor and go from there.

I don't know what happend but I think the receiver connection came loose. I was hoping I could set it to one sat. and see a variety of channels and then next spring get a new motor and go from there.

What shows do you like to watch as that would help understand you needs.

the connection in the motor came loose?

I know the other day you had locked on 95W and had the CCTV channels. Does the dish not move when you tell it to move?

When I hook up the motor I loose everything. Perhaps I should just order a new motor. Any supporters out there that sell equipment or have one for sale, I would be interested.

Could be your jumper from the motor to lnbf.

Well time for a new motor, they are a lot cheaper these days then what they were 6-months ago.

Informative news channels: ABC News (89W), CCTV (95W), Russia Today, Al Jazeera, Ebru (97W)
Very old shows: RTV (83W)
Documentaries: CCTV Documentary (95W), PBS World (125W: need an AC3 decoder for audio)
Huge variety of foreign channels: 97W
Great suggestions:eek: Thanks, Larry

Well time for a new motor, they are a lot cheaper these days then what they were 6-months ago.
For once maybe I will luck out, LOL I'm going shopping! Thanks, Larry

It reminds me of trouble I had when I was using the receiver to move the motor while randomly looking for my first satellite. I wasn't on the arc so I couldn't find any satellites. Instead, I used the receiver to set the motor to a known satellite/transponder, then physically moved the azimuth of the motor/dish back and forth to find that satellite while watching the receiver signal quality. Are you properly compensating on the elevation of the dish for the introduction of the motor?

I have not heard any talk about Angle and Declination angle settings for motor and dish. Also you need to put your longitude and latitude correctly in the receiver, so your receiver knows where you are at. You need to set your motor to 0, before adjusting the dish east to west. If you set your motor angle correctly and don't touch it and play with the elevation on just the dish, to get 95W, the rest should fall into place. Hope this helps.

When I hook up the motor I loose everything.

I have to ask another stupid question. Are you hooking the right cable to the right connection? On my SG2100 one coax on it says "LNB" and one says "receiver". I have hooked them up backwards ;)

It reminds me of trouble I had when I was using the receiver to move the motor while randomly looking for my first satellite. I wasn't on the arc so I couldn't find any satellites. Instead, I used the receiver to set the motor to a known satellite/transponder, then physically moved the azimuth of the motor/dish back and forth to find that satellite while watching the receiver signal quality. Are you properly compensating on the elevation of the dish for the introduction of the motor?
Thanks for the reply. I have the dish set to 95W and receive the 5 CCTV channels with a quality of 94%. The dish will not move when I search for 7W. The connection that goes from the motor to the receiver is toast. Larry

I have to ask another stupid question. Are you hooking the right cable to the right connection? On my SG2100 one coax on it says "LNB" and one says "receiver". I have hooked them up backwards ;)
Oh Ya. Been there, done that but not this time. I tore into the motor and the cable connection to the receiver has broken loose. I have to check out didgikey and see if I can find a replacemnet. I'm going to start looking for a new motor. Any suggestions where to look. Would like to support those who help in this forum. Larry

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)