What channels are on each satellite?

No, you're wrong. If everybody quit cooperating in this thievery, the employer would have to change his ways or he wouldn't be able to find installers to hire.

You are right, but you are missing one very important part, the first ones which stop "cooperating" will need to look for new job.

If "everybody" jumps when something wrong in the world is happening the world will be better place, right?
Why it isn't ?

You are right, but you are missing one very important part, the first ones which stop "cooperating" will need to look for new job.

If "everybody" jumps when something wrong in the world is happening the world will be better place, right?
Why it isn't ?

Look, I don't mean to bash you personally. I'm just saying that the only reason things like this are allowed to go on is that good people manage to rationalize bad behavior. We all have to make ethical decisions in our lives, our jobs, our relationships. When we do the wrong thing, we enable others to do worse.

I see it's definitely a pole stuffed inside a larger pole - antenna probably has significant side to side movement in wind. Just a note - the Hopper 3 is a 4K receiver. While DISH only has a couple of 4K channels, Netflix has a growing selection of 4K movies, if you watch that. The hdmi cable that DISH provided free is a pretty cheap cable, not capable of displaying 4K resolution. If you have a 4K tv, you're going to want to get a 4K hdmi cable. A better cable can make a significant difference in your picture quality 4K or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

I see it's definitely a pole stuffed inside a larger pole - antenna probably has significant side to side movement in wind. Just a note - the Hopper 3 is a 4K receiver. While DISH only has a couple of 4K channels, Netflix has a growing selection of 4K movies, if you watch that. The hdmi cable that DISH provided free is a pretty cheap cable, not capable of displaying 4K resolution. If you have a 4K tv, you're going to want to get a 4K hdmi cable. A better cable can make a significant difference in your picture quality 4K or not.

I beg to differ. I’ll admit I don’t know the technology behind cables. But I have a 4K tv and can definitely see the difference in picture quality when watching 4K. I watched the Planet Earth 2 series Dish showed a while back on channel 540 and there’s a major difference from the other channels. Even much better than my Blu-ray player. So the cables I received from dish worked just fine.

Reactions: JSheridan

It's doesn't look at all like another pole, it's looks exactly like a quick pipe adapter. It's even painted the same color as quick pipe adapters are. Sorry if you don't know what that is.

The HDMI wires that Dish provides do 4K just fine. I've seen them work many times with my own eyes. It's a dishonest sales pitch to say that it doesn't and is apparently meant to deceive people so you can make a sale. And it's just flat out wrong to say that a more expensive HDMI cable gives a better quality picture. If that's what you believe then you're misinformed, if you're using that line just to make sales then you're flat out wrong and worse.

Those are the kind of posts that give satellite 'techs' a very bad name.

I have a question regarding that Dish supplied HDMI cable. Does it do HDR well, or at all? While I have my supplied cable somewhere I have used different certified cables throughout my setup.

I have a question regarding that Dish supplied HDMI cable. Does it do HDR well, or at all? While I have my supplied cable somewhere I have used different certified cables throughout my setup.

Yes it does. I checked out the HDR Olympics broadcast with a Dish provided HDMI wire and it looked great.

Thanks for that reply, I was just curious.

I was kind of sad when Dish and DirecTV started including free HDMI cables with their receivers because before that it was nice to be able to make a couple of extra bucks and sell a customer an HDMI cable when they needed it. Now the only time we sell an HDMI cable is when the customer needs one that is longer than the one provided. I've never seen any real life evidence (not counting the ridiculous sales pitches) that the expensive HDMI cables work better so we don't sell them.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)