What Cities (zipcodes?) get NESN HD?

Well good news and bad news. I "moved" to monroe and now get NESN SD. However, I NESN HD is only on 61.5 and I do not have a dish for 61.5. Also, my receiver now thinks it's in the eastern time zone and displays time accordingly (actually located in CST zone). This isn't a big deal but I need to redo all my timers.

Funny thing is that my true HD locals (in texas) were recently uplinked and added to 61.5. So I may "move" back to my real address, then get the 61.5 installed (hopefully free), and then "move" back to monroe. Is there any real downside to "moving" so often?

Thanks

The only downside is all the packing and unpacking. Seriously, I've moved 4 times in 1 week, no problem

I called and "moved" back to my home address in Texas. I also mentioned that I need a new dish for 61.5. Because I had just changed my service address, the guy was able to use a dish mover to get me the new 61.5 dish for free. I guess that's one advantage to "moving" because I heard other people in Austin have been charged $60 or forced 24 month commitment to get the additional 61.5 dish.

The tech is coming out on monday so we shall see how this all goes. I definitely want him to add 61.5 and not remove 129. I think I have a dish 1000 now and no DPP44 since I only have one 622 receiver. and now get 110,119,129. I understand he'll either have to add a DPP44 or change the current dish to a 1000.2. This is in addition to a wing dish for 61.5.

I just threw in the towel with DISH and NESN HD. I could stay with my old address and keep NESN HD, which after a couple of years of MLB EI and a year of full time NESN and then a start of the year with fulltime NESN HD was pretty appealing, BUT I then got no networks which would lead to divorce court even in the summer time. So I moved back to where I can get networks and signed up with DIRECT TV for the minimum HD package along with MLB EI and the NASCAR stuff.

It even bothers my wife that now we get no Cape Cod new, no stories about "mill towns" , no pictures of 3 story tenament house burning down and no tide reports. About the last thing she got to watch was WBZ's coverage of the Boston Marathon, in which her brother ran. Boston TV was pretty professional and as a transplanted New Englander I miss getting the Boston viewpoint.

So Direct TV for MLB, and DISH for all else. I'd switch completely but DIRECT TV does not have networks in my area.

My opinion is that it is a mess between the two service providers, and the federal regulation and protection of the local channels. Great technology that should let anyone watch anything that they are willing to pay for. Instead I get SD networks, no RED SOX, no ability to get cable, and no ability to get more than PBS in digital HD over the air, which by the way is spectacular.

TV now is going to cost about $150.00 a month in my household to keep all parties happy and to be able to follow the RED SOX like I would like.

I'm a little confused because they changed my service address to my home address in TX but they left the locals set to the NYC DMA. This would normally be fine (especially since I still get nesn SD) but the problem is the guide data for my OTA HD's is not coming in. Anything I can do about this? Maybe I'll live with this for the weekend and hope it gets better once I have the 61.5 dish installed and I can "move" back to monroe. The OTA guide data was there when I was living in Monroe last night.

EDIT: Another positive about the setup as it is now is that the clock is correct (it's on CST rather than EST). I wonder if the OTA guide issue is related to the mismatch in local DMA vs service address.

I just did my second "move" in the last couple years, all within ~25 miles but with different channels each time. First I went from Litchfield Co, CT to Fairfield Co (Danbury) to get NYC locals, since I get CT locals pretty reliably OTA. That changed my RSN from NESN to MSG and SNY. I'm an NL fan (Phillies, not Mets) so SNY was better for me anyway. After seeing this thread however, I moved again. I opted for Newtown, as Monroe seemed to be getting crowded. I'm glad to now get NESN and SNY.
What urks me though is that cable and DirtecTV offer both CT and NYC locals for my town where Dish has me "moving" all over the state to get the same service. Even so its not the same, no YES.
Thanks for this thread though for the latest "move" idea.

Actually, this is based on an old map, if true - Monroe and Shelton lost NESN last year, amidst much fanfare.

Technically, we shouldn't get NESN, as Monroe is in Fairfield County (part of the NY DMA)

RSN territories are not the same as DMAs.

Installer came today and thought he was doing a full install. I told him I just wanted to see 61.5 He was originally just going to add a 500 to my 1000 setup which would mean that I would no longer see 129 (he was not going to use a switch, rather disconnect the 129 input to the 1000 LNB). I convinced him to replace my 1000 setup with a 1000.2 so I could see both 129 and 61.5. So the install is complete and now I just need to call back and "move" back to Monroe. This call could be a little tricky considering the installer was just out today. Hopefully I'll get someone that just changes the service address and DMA with no questions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)