Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
1. Anyway to make default URL icon or my custom icon STAY?
2. Anyway to get properties dialog box to point to my icon folder instead of default Windows folder?
Comeon guys, just 2 simple questions :)

Last edited:
which icon, i'm confused.

Gosh I'm sorry - I don't know what happened. I originally had a more detailed post but no one replied to it, so I replied to it myself with what you see up there now. I have no idea what happened to my original post unless I was in the edit mode instead of quote mode by mistake. No wonder it's confusing.

Anyway, you know how when at a website, you can create a desktop shortcut for that site and often it displays with a special site icon instead of the generic IE one? Also, you could change it to your own icon if you want.

Well I've been having problems with the original icon (or my custom icon)getting replaced with either a different one or the generic IE icon.

The other thing that makes it more tedious to replace the icon is that the "properties / change icon" tab usually comes up with the default windows folder (system32 I think) instead of my custom icon folder.

Like the Favicons? Have you done any cache, cookie or any other sort of system cleaning and then noticed the changes?

Gosh I'm sorry - I don't know what happened. I originally had a more detailed post but no one replied to it, so I replied to it myself with what you see up there now. I have no idea what happened to my original post unless I was in the edit mode instead of quote mode by mistake. No wonder it's confusing.

Anyway, you know how when at a website, you can create a desktop shortcut for that site and often it displays with a special site icon instead of the generic IE one? Also, you could change it to your own icon if you want.

Well I've been having problems with the original icon (or my custom icon)getting replaced with either a different one or the generic IE icon.

The other thing that makes it more tedious to replace the icon is that the "properties / change icon" tab usually comes up with the default windows folder (system32 I think) instead of my custom icon folder.

I don't do that function so i don't know how to help but can't you browse for your icons then change it.

He not asking how to change them; he knows how to do that; he is asking why they change back after some point on their own. (if I am reading him correct)

Right Click the shortcut. Click properties. Click the big button that says "CHANGE ICON"!
I know how to "CHANGE ICONS" ! That wasn't what I was asking.

BTW, what's with the Haller quote?

Last edited:
He not asking how to change them; he knows how to do that; he is asking why they change back after some point on their own. (if I am reading him correct)
You are.

It might have to do with cache / cookie clearing but why does it happen to just some shortcuts and not others?

And how to change the default from /windows

Yea that too. It's a pain when I loose the original icon and then just that much more tedious when one has to wade through folders from the default that windows puts up, to my own icon library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)