What Country is DirecTV's call center in?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
I have been talking to DirecTV twice in the last two days and I think I was directed to some third world country just like with at&t. I thought DirecTv was in the USA :eek:

They are in the US. I know there is a call center in the Phillipeans if you call late at night

Every time I've called I got a good American rep :)

Mastec has a Philippines call center but to the best of my knowledge all of DirecTv's call centers are still in the US.
I have call literally 1000's of times and never once got anyone outside of the US.

Now I have had a few accents from other countries and many that sounded a little "light in the loafers" but every single one in the US.

Even Mastecs Philippines call center, most the people there speak more clearly then half the Americans you hear.
They just speak a little fast sometimes especially for a southern boy like me. lol

1. DTV does have a Phillippines call center but they speak english quite well I talked to a number of them.
2. DTV call centers are all over between corporate owned one and long term partner companies who handle support but there all in the USA.

TPV ( Third Party Verification ) maybe not be in the US it not part of DTV, they are a third party that usually sounds forgien that verifies after we placed an order that the agent has done all apporiate disclaimers.

Every time I call I always ask the CSR where he/she is located. The most exotic place I ever got was Idaho.

I was talking to billing twice this week, wanted some questions answered. I got people who sounded like they were from India with broken English. Honestly those people can be quite hard to understand. I hate when I call at&t and get that from there DSL first level support. Is there a way to ensure you get the USA? I called the number on my bill.

I was talking to billing twice this week, wanted some questions answered. I got people who sounded like they were from India with broken English. Honestly those people can be quite hard to understand. I hate when I call at&t and get that from there DSL first level support. Is there a way to ensure you get the USA? I called the number on my bill.

If you not calling at Midnight EST or later then you getting an american call center. Unless your not dialing the right number. 800-531-5000
There is no special us only number as where all US except the middle of the night and that handled by phillipines. One of my agents is of indian decent and she speaks English just fine. So maybe by change you got someone of Indian decent but they were here in the good ole usa .

I called about 6pm and one day I got a guy with broken english the next day it was a lady with broken english. Maybe it was just my luck. I just hate the broken english part because it's hard to understand. Never happens when I call SRL :) Good old Green Bay Wisconsin.

There are people from India living here and I'm sure that some work for Directv. I have never actually talked to one though. I had to call Chase Credit Cards yesterday and had to have the girl spell everything because I couldn't understand her, she was in the U.S.

I too ask where they are when I call, regardless of accent or no accent ....
I've gotten Idaho, Florida various locations.

Our call centers (at&t) that I talk to daily are in Indy, Dallas and Cleveland for the most part.

I find if you ask where they are, you kinda break the ice from the persons routine and that normally relaxes the call center person.

Unless SC. Cracks the whip to stay on the script !

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SatelliteGuys

If you not calling at Midnight EST or later then you getting an american call center. Unless your not dialing the right number. 800-531-5000
There is no special us only number as where all US except the middle of the night and that handled by phillipines. One of my agents is of indian decent and she speaks English just fine. So maybe by change you got someone of Indian decent but they were here in the good ole usa .
I've notice Most of my Weekend call to D* are from over seas, or they just hire the staff from Dunken Doughnuts to work on the weekends.
Because of this I try and Call during the week, and 90% of the time I get and American!

I call 6 days a week, Mon through Sat and on a rare occasion even on a Sun.
Of course I do this during normal ET business hours.
And always get the US.
Occasionally I might get some poor English but the funny thing is they are usually Americans. LOL

I will say if there is one thing I like about D* is they truly do very little outsourcing of jobs.
They also do a pretty good job of usually hiring people who know how to speak clearly.

I do work at the Directv bundles department and we are located in Atlanta not in middle east and if someone get answer from a person with accent is because the whole United States have peoples from everywhere in the world whats the matter as far that you got a good service the location doesn´t matter...

DirecTV call centers are located in Denver, CO; Boise, ID; Missoula, MT; Tulsa, OK; Pharr, TX (which is on the Mexican border and gets all of the call from Spanish package subscribers); and Huntington, WV. If you buy the protection plan you deal with a contractor called NEW whcih has eight call centers in the USA and one in Montreal, and also lets people answer the phone at home.

To add to / clarify the above; the info page states:

DirecTV's customer service is provided by some outsourced contract call centers (such as Sitel) both inside and outside the United States. DirecTV also has a subsidiary named DirecTV Customer Service LLC, which owns call centers in Denver, Colorado (opened in 2007); Boise, Idaho; Huntsville, Alabama; Missoula, Montana; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Pharr, Texas; and, most recently, Huntington, West Virginia. 'N.E.W.' provides technical assistance by phone to customers who subscribe to DirecTV's Protection Plan.

Chile Jalapeño.TV said:
I do work at the Directv bundles department and we are located in Atlanta not in middle east and if someone get answer from a person with accent is because the whole United States have peoples from everywhere in the world whats the matter as far that you got a good service the location doesn´t matter...

Now that's a long sentence. :)

Unlike my gut feeling of how this thread started and why; I could careless to whom I am speaking or where they are from as long as the job is done courteously and correctly. Which has always been my experience here every time I have called, regardless of time of day/night or the nationality of the CSR I speaking to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)