What did 3.65 Do.

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I got an update mon am on software to 3.65. Besides picture quality on some hd channels going to pot was that part of 3.65 or is dish screwing with the hd again.
I watched the Minnesota vikings play on sunday on ESPN hd and it was razor sharp. Today the mn Twins on ESPN hd sucked. Dave.

Had something to do with the TV Entertainment part of Dish On Demand and also attempted to fix some audio issues. After you get a softwware update, it is always a good idea to reboot the receiver (IE unplug from outlet and wait a few minutes and plug it back in). This might fix your problem.

dude2 said:
I got an update mon am on software to 3.65. Besides picture quality on some hd channels going to pot was that part of 3.65 or is dish screwing with the hd again.
I watched the Minnesota vikings play on sunday on ESPN hd and it was razor sharp. Today the mn Twins on ESPN hd sucked. Dave.

Thur night it destroyed my OTA 28-1 the whole night. Since then I have noticed all OTA channels are about 10 points lower. I have emailed dish about it and today they replied asking for a lot of Receiver, s/w & ID info. I have replied to the email w/ the info asked for to see what they can tell me.

Here is the reply that E* sent me about the problems w/365.

Thank you for your e-mail. Our engineering department is aware of this issue; it has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible. It will be resolved with a software update in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We hope we have properly addressed your concerns. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support at the following link: http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departme...al/index.shtml.

Thanks,

Matt J.

Technical E-mail Support

Dish Network

It seems a little unusual to me to go from release 363 to 365 within just one week. They normally do not do scheduled upgrades that quickly. I bet they just messed up some stuff and had to roll a quick fix out the door.

I know I had a lot of pixilation on various channel recording with 363 and now with 365 it has gone. I feel like their software testing is just not as strong as it should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts