What did dish offer for you to stay after 2 years?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Working on the retail side of things I see this all the time. It is typical for dish to wait till you're gone & with another provider before offering anything significant.

I don't blame folks for looking into getting a better price. TV is expensive & the only deals are for new customers. If that means switching providers every 2 yrs to save money it's no fault of the consumer for trying with their current provider or a new 1 to get a cheaper bill.

I totally agree. All the deals are for new customers. There are others besides myself who shop around for tv service.

I was simply asking what people were offered after their contract is up to stay. Dish is the one who decides if and when they hand out freebies. Dish subscribers aren't providing any freebies to other customers. If that was the case then dish would increase the costs every year. I'm not switching now because my termination fee is just under 200 bucks. I won't be switching unless at the end of the 2 years if its not a good offer. I'm not calling dish every month begging for handouts but after the full 2 years hopefully they'll offer something. I still wish they bundled with AT&T or any other provider.

Who do you think pays for all those freebies you're 'expecting'? It's the loyal subscribers that pay for the free loaders and of course it's a factor in any price increases, which we've just had by the way. According to what I've been told by very reputable sources they don't start breaking even or making money on a new sub until about the 3rd year, so yea, it does affect what everybody pays. I know it's the way companies do business now to make great offers to get new customers but they'd all probably be better off without the customers who's only intent is to game the system.

How loyal is Dish with you when they increase the prices, take channels offline, force you to pay receiver fees for your OWN receiver, force you out of the package that you signed up for, force you to buy the local channels even if you don't need them because you have an OTA antenna, etc?

How loyal is Dish with you when they increase the prices, take channels offline, force you to pay receiver fees for your OWN receiver, force you out of the package that you signed up for, force you to buy the local channels even if you don't need them because you have an OTA antenna, etc?
I hope that will all FORCE you elsewhere.

This thread is going nowhere fast, just a clash of opinions.

Good night all, carry on without me. :)

Yes, they forced me to cut the cord. I'm glad that I did it. Thank you Dish!

So why keep browsing Dish forums? Did you really have a cord going to outer space?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

How loyal is Dish with you when they increase the prices, take channels offline,
I'm pretty certain I have more channels now than I did this time last year, without switching packages. And when they did have a tussle with AMC, they did a good faith effort to appease disgruntled viewers.
force you to pay receiver fees for your OWN receiver,
The guide costs money.
force you out of the package that you signed up for,
That rarely ever happens.
force you to buy the local channels even if you don't need them because you have an OTA antenna, etc?
Does Dish even make money with locals? All that bandwidth they'd probably love to use to improve the HD signal.

This thread is going nowhere fast, just a clash of opinions.

i agree. the OP wasn't rude with his questions yet has received plenty of rude responses. that's not what satellite guys is all about.we're suppose to help our fellow members,not chase them straight out of the site. since this has become a "lets bash the OP" thread, i see no reason for it to continue to stay open.enough has been said, my apologies to dishfan82.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)