What DiSEqC 4x1 switch is best for DVB-S card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gong

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
I recenetly bought a 102G PCI card. After I install it in my PC, I found out that it does not have enough power to switch my DiSEqC 4x1 switch. I know my DiSEqC 4x1 switch is OK because when hook up my BEC 6600+ receiver to it, it works perfectly from port1 to port4. But when I put back the line to the PCI card, it can not switch. Don't know what the problem is. Anyone know what kind of DiSEqC 4x1 switch is best for the 102G PCI card.

Never had any trouble with my DMSi switches!

Moving to the PC DVB area!

are you making sure the receiver is off when you add/remove switches?

I've had DMSI switches outside now for 3 MN winters...work like a champ (even when it was -15 the other day)

Yes, the switch is still work with bec 6600+

I did turn off power when I disconnect cable. The switch is still working with my BEC 6600+ receiver. It just does not have enough swithing power to turn on the switch with the 102G PCI card. I do not know what kind of Diseqc 4X1 switch I should replace it to make the 102G card switching. If I get rid of the switch and one by one line directly connect to my 102g card, it is worked.

It sounds more like a problem with your settings or the card. Any switch should work. They are pretty much generic.

It is not generic for PCI card

It is not my PCI card setting, it is pci card has not enough power supply. When I disconnect one hard drive(I hoop up two hard drive and two CD-ROWs) and one CD-Rom, it able to switch 3 satellites that closing to the pansat switch. The one has 40 feet longer RG-6 cable at the other side is still can not switching. When disconnect all the other 3 satellite lines from the switch, then it able to switch to the one has 40 feet longer satellite. But when I put back the other 3 satellite lines, the one has 40 feet longer line won't switch again. Again, the BEC 6600+ is able to switching to all 4 satellites. This proves me that the 102G pci card does not have enough power.

Well if it works when you disconnect hard drives, it really sounds like the pc's power supply. How big is it? Maybe you should upgrade it.

gong said:
It is not my PCI card setting, it is pci card has not enough power supply. When I disconnect one hard drive(I hoop up two hard drive and two CD-ROWs) and one CD-Rom, it able to switch 3 satellites that closing to the pansat switch. The one has 40 feet longer RG-6 cable at the other side is still can not switching. When disconnect all the other 3 satellite lines from the switch, then it able to switch to the one has 40 feet longer satellite. But when I put back the other 3 satellite lines, the one has 40 feet longer line won't switch again. Again, the BEC 6600+ is able to switching to all 4 satellites. This proves me that the 102G pci card does not have enough power.

i have the same problem as you. i just installed a new powersupply yesterday. went from 250w to 400w. also installed windows media center and another 512mb of ram. have not had a chance to reinstall mytheater yet and test if the diseq would switch lnbs. will let you know if that worked later tonight or tomorrow when i get a chance to reload all my programs.

still does not work, but i am going to try it with shorter rg6 cable. right now it is just a mess of wires in the back yard. when i have it connected straight to the card, the run is only about 20 feet. when i had the diseq hooked up, the only other rg6 i had were 75 foot runs, so that may be causing problems too.

I finally get it work

I keep testing and replacing the 4X1 DiseqC switch and testing it one by one. Total testing 6 Coolsat 4X1 DiseqC switches and 5 pansat 4X1 DiseqC switches. Finally found only one pansat 4X1 DiseqC switch able to switch all 4 satellites including the one has 40 feet longer. All the other coolsat and pansat switches I have tested can not switch to the one has 40 feet longer. Again, I still need to disconnect one hard drive and one cd-rom drive in order to make it work. I'm afrain if one day this working switch get broken, I will have problem again.

Gong,

How much power is your PSU rated for? I'm wondering if my PSU is limiting my DVB card's ability to switch LNB's. I have a 400W PSU but in a A64 system with a 7800GT which definitely sucks alot of power. I also have my system overclocked, maybe I'll try stock speeds and voltages see if it helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)