What Dish and LNB, do I have?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwinnie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
I had Dish re-installed last week after a year away from it, I had it for 9 years previously to disconnecting it last Jan due to HD locals. I have 2-622 Receivers, and two dishes outside. One dish, a new one he installed, (looks like a Dish 500 it is not an oval dish) points to 110 and 119, the other dish is an existing Dish 500 pointing to 129. The installer ran the cable from the 129 dish to the 110/119 dish and then just 1 RG6 cable for each receiver and then he used the splitter that came with the 622 to split the single line into the 2 Satellite inputs on the receiver. I assumed he would have to install a switch, but that's all he used. My question is, what Dish (at 110/119), and LNB did he use to get this configuration? Also, I already have a 501 and 522 sitting in the basement that I own and I'm wondering what would I need to do to hook up another receiver?

Thanks,
Dan

Probably a Dish 500 with a DPPTwin LNB. It has an internal switch and an input port for a 3rd satellite. Since it's DPP, all you need is the one line to the receivers, which the DP Separator turns into two for the dual tuners.

If you want a 3rd receiver, you'll need a DPP44 external switch. The DPPTwin only handles two receivers.

Thanks for the information, mdonnelly. I was hoping he did install a DP44, but no luck. I haven't decided yet whether to sell them or activate them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, mdonnelly. I was hoping he did install a DP44, but no luck. I haven't decided yet whether to sell them or activate them.
Lok on line fo r a DPP twin..BTW that switch retails for $199...You may be able to save a few bucks buying one form one of th4e many reputable retailers that advertise right here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts