What dish do I have

nolan 1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
How do I know or can tell what dish model I have ...500, 1000.2...1000

Thanks
Bruce

is there any way to tell by going on the menu screen or by going outside and looking at the serial or Manufacture #'s on the dish it self?

It says Plus on it and has 3 transmitters if thats what they are then in the middle of those is a oval shaped glass .

Does it look like this? This is a Dish 500+.

Attachments

• DISH500Plus.jpg
    DISH500Plus.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 201
looks like that but with 3 total transmitters the one in the middle and one on each side

satellites 110, 119, 129

is this the best dish they offer for my satellites or is there better. Im just wondering because my hd channels dont look as good as i expected

Not all source material is HD, but may be upconverted SD. Before you judge your picture quality, look at something like HDNet News that broadcasts in HD to see what HD looks like.
They should have installed the dish(es) appropriate for your area, and typically, you'll either get a good signal, no signal or a signal that breaks up (indicating a weak signal). The picture quality will only be affected by a weak signal and those problems should be obvious. If what you get just doesn't have the sharpness and detail you were expecting, then the source material may be the cause.
There are two HD outputs from your receiver, HDMI and Component. Some have said that one or the other did not work as well as the other input, so you could try changing the connection from your receiver to your TV.

is this the best dish they offer for my satellites or is there better. Im just wondering because my hd channels dont look as good as i expected
The plus series of dishes are designed to receive the 118.7 FSS satellite, and they use a special LNB for that. The 118.7 satellite has international programming, and specific local HD channels. Assuming that you fit into one of those categories, then the Dish 1000+ is the correct solution for you.

It may be that your installer didn't setup your receiver correctly for optimal HD. One of the first things to check, under HDTV Setup in the menu, is if the output is set for 720p or 1080i, and not 480p. After that, check if you're really using one of the HD inputs on your TV, one that uses HDMI, DVI, or component inputs. Composite (RCA) cables, coax, and s-video only output SD from Dish receivers.

What HD receiver are you using?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts