What Dish should do if they get Sprint ...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Dish should make every home that they have an access point for mobile phones as discussed in the following link:

http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless....me-small-cell-may-be-opened-public/2013-05-01

By putting a device in every home that has a broadband connection such as the satellite receivers or satellite broadband, you make them femtocells which will allow you to extend your cell phone coverage area. They could use all the satellite customers they currently have to do this. The next generation of satellite receivers could have these devices put in and all receivers sent in for repair could have the device put into them. This is one way that they could expand their network.

Dish should make every home that they have an access point for mobile phones as discussed in the following link:

http://www.fiercebroadbandwireless.com/story/qualcomm-your-home-small-cell-may-be-opened-public/2013-05-01

By putting a device in every home that has a broadband connection such as the satellite receivers or satellite broadband, you make them femtocells which will allow you to extend your cell phone coverage area. They could use all the satellite customers they currently have to do this. The next generation of satellite receivers could have these devices put in and all receivers sent in for repair could have the device put into them. This is one way that they could expand their network.

But that requires separate deals with the broadband providers to create the necessary backbone. Otherwise, consumers are going to run afoul of home broadband caps simply by providing wireless network coverage area for Dish wireless network users. Not to mention potentially reducing the available bandwidth to the household. Those are some pretty big trade offs that would have to be addressed for this to work.

Something like this would likely work best with say AT&T wireless in Uverse households (assuming AT&T can provide the households with extra bandwidth so that core broadband service isn't negatively impacted).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Use Dish broadband to support Dish public cell system.

What Dish should do if they get Sprint...

Give Disney employee's free cell service in exchange for getting all the ESPN's in HD and not losing them again...

...but they're not getting Sprint. Anyway, a much better question is what should Sprint customers do if they're owned by Dish. The short answer is, "Cancel service as-soon-as-possible." We don't need to be paying montly enabling fees to use apps, Internet, phone, text, etc. ;)

So, under this idea, they want to use my internet connection and my electricity that I pay for to build their network that others will use? No. If they want to use me as a tool for their service, then they need to pay me.

Sprinting to install an antenna

In one of Charlies interviews he said the new antennas would be mounted rooftop, what kind of distance would that give to the next small femto type cell? If Dish would offer say, 50 meg. service for say 20 bucks a month, I think theses antennas would be springing up all over town and quickly, I think it would be easy at these prices to get enough small cells to meet up with a fiber drop and then its off to the races,, many would follow with Dish TV service. Use a page out of Googles book and start signup first and only install if there is enough interest in that fiberhood. The customers themselves will be out door to door insuring that they will get fast cheap internet and if Charles in Charge would Drop the prices on TV services to get the hook in. Could be big with a vision, you guys seen anything around here? Charlie, come install a big honking 40 ft. master node antenna that will reach out 4 miles at my house, provide me with free mega pac tv service and fast internet, there is some Dark fiber 300 ft. from my house! Install an aero antenna on the master node and bypass all the local channel BS. This scheme would bypass cable co. backhaul, give customers a reason to cut the cable cord, provide video,cellular, data services outside the home. The heck with Sprint, just use the buyout as a cover while you install this service with your own block of frequency and throw in an early warning/emergency notification system to appease the local government.

Last edited:
So, under this idea, they want to use my internet connection and my electricity that I pay for to build their network that others will use? No. If they want to use me as a tool for their service, then they need to pay me.

This isn't a Dish idea. It's something that someone on this forum proposed based on existing technology. Aside from the issues I pointed out earlier, they'd likely have to offer some sort of incentive to attract the interest and participation of subscribers.

If they partner with others such as they are with Frontier then they may make a deal with them at least to get cell coverage.

This isn't a Dish idea. It's something that someone on this forum proposed based on existing technology. Aside from the issues I pointed out earlier, they'd likely have to offer some sort of incentive to attract the interest and participation of subscribers.

I am aware this isn't a Dish idea, but it does seem to be a Qualcomm idea if the article is anything to go by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts