What dish to use to get a better signal on 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

aasimbeck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
Due to the area where I live, the signal I get on 61.5 isn't exactly the greatest.
I fine tuned the dish with a meter to the best signal I could find, which is between 46-50.

Rain fade is a bit of an issue with me, not usually, but sometimes.

Is there any 3rd party dishes out there that have a larger reflector plate that anyone could recommend me to use?

I would prefer it be roof-mounted.

Thanks guys

I used a dish 1000.2 with an lnb adapter (triple lnb for single or dual lnbs). I pointed that dish at 61.5 and my signals came up to over 50 on almost every transponder ,but that was before the new sat launched to replace the old one at 61.5.

a regular 500/single lnb should be enough as long as it doesn't have a bent reflector so might wanna check that out, make sure cable is in good shape and ends are new.

Before any recommendation please tell us what your current setup is. Are you on Western arc or Eastern arc? What dish are you currently using for 61.5?

I'm using a Dish 500 with the DPP LNB. The other 500, up on the roof is hitting 110, and 119. Those two satellites are for my parents' TV's, because they watch standard def.

I have two dishes up on 61.5 and 72.7 at the eastern arc, for my HD Receiver. Its all linked together through a DPP44.

This is a view of the dishes.
255jjif.jpg

The reason the 72.7 dish is on the fence post, is because of trees. I tried for it off the roof, but there was absolutely no way. And the DP single LNB is just there for looks I suppose.
Maybe swapping the dishes, 72.7 to the 61.5 and vice versa might give me a stronger signal, because of the larger reflector?

I know it's not the tree's effecting the signal on 61.5 because the signal on that dish never fluctuates, ever. Even when it's really windy out.

Last edited:
I believe you can get upto a 30" dish from Winegard that will use the "D" tube mount that DISH uses. The cheapest might be to get an "I" adapter for the dish 500 and use your DP single on it. Make sure it is a DP single though, I don't see a DP logo in the photo just in your description. The 500 with "I" adapter allows use of the entire 20" dish and you probably wouldn't need anymore than a 24" dish.

I'm using a Dish 500 with the DPP LNB. The other 500, up on the roof is hitting 110, and 119. Those two satellites are for my parents' TV's, because they watch standard def.

I have two dishes up on 61.5 and 72.7 at the eastern arc, for my HD Receiver. Its all linked together through a DPP44.

This is a view of the dishes.
255jjif.jpg

The reason the 72.7 dish is on the fence post, is because of trees. I tried for it off the roof, but there was absolutely no way. And the DP single LNB is just there for looks I suppose.
Maybe swapping the dishes, 72.7 to the 61.5 and vice versa might give me a stronger signal, because of the larger reflector?

I know it's not the tree's effecting the signal on 61.5 because the signal on that dish never fluctuates, ever. Even when it's really windy out.

You could replace all of those dishes with a 1000.2 which is for 110/119/129. That will do SD for your parents reciever and SD and HD for yours.

If you are sure it is not the trees or a building, why not put a 1K.4 dish where the 61.5 dish is and you could eliminate the dpp44 and the 1000 dish on the fence.

Or just put a dual lnb with the "I" bracket on it.

If you keep using the twin, the dish should be skewed as if you were pointing at 119/110 for the best signal

Timberwolf did you learn to read in school? The 72.7 is located on the fence because of trees in the way at the 61.5 location. The twin is being used for only 61.5 so it dosen't need to be skewed. Yes a dual or single DP LNB with an "I" adapter would get more signal on the dish 500.

That's kinda why I was wondering if the trees are in the way of 61.5 as well if 72.7 is completely blocked.

I know it doesn't need to be skewed but it will get better signal if it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts