What do I need for the dish network in Mexico City?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nevinbsjc

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I live just Northeast of Mexico City in Texcoco. Can I use a Sky dish to get a signal from the 119? If not, what size would I need? If so, if I get a contract with a US address, it will work from here, correct? Would I get my local channels still? If not, would I get any local channels if my U.S. address is in North Carolina? I only want the basic package.
Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks, LOL. I have two of those on my roof already! ;)
I have heard that I can use the small Sky antenna, but I'm not sure if that is true.

Last edited:
Check out the Latin America forum @ www.dbsforums.com
I am sure you will get some responses from people around Mexico City on what size Antenna will work. I have read posts from some as far south as Columbia SA & Honduras receiving Dish Net

Last edited:
CU2000 said:
Check out the Latin America forum @ www.dbsforums.com
I am sure you will get some responses from people around Mexico City on what size Antenna will work. I have read posts from some as far south as Columbia SA & Honduras receiving Dish Net
Thanks. I think I found a page there that tells me that my current dish will work.

SimpleSimon said:
And if you're asking about U.S. Locals, check http://www.dishchannelchart.com
If they're on a spotbeam, you're outta luck.
If they are NOT on a spotbeam, they probably will be soon (E-10 launches soon).
Thanks for your answer.

So, are you saying that even if the satellite does have my local channels, it won't have them for long? How could I find out if it is a spot beam or if it will be?

Also, if it is possible to get local channels here, my brother lives in NC and is coming down to visit next month, but his local channels wouldn't be on the 119. They are on the 105. Is it possible to order the dish network from his place, and then call and switch the address to Indianapolis which is on the 119? My in-laws live in Indianapolis.

Thanks a lot for your help. The local channels are the biggest reason that I would want to switch to the Dish Network instead of Mexican TV. If it's not going to work to get local channels, maybe I should stick to Mexican TV. Do you have any other ideas?

Once again. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Thanks, Tony.
It isn't looking too promising. I have one other option I think. There is a company here in Mexico that offers the Dish Network with local channels from LA and NY. Since SimpleSimon mentioned that most will probably be on a spot beam soon, Does anyone know if either NY or LA will be on a spot beam? Thanks for your help.

LA and NYC network channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and WB and UPN in NYC) will most likely not go to spot beams. I am also thinking that Atlanta, and Chicago nets will also stay on ConUS beams. But all others are likely to go to Spot Beams.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)