What do I need to add 61.5

I mounted a Dish 500 (w/ a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF) and ran a cable from one of the receiver outputs on the Dish 500 LNB to the "LNB in" port of the Dish 1000.2.

Looked up the 61.5 coordinates for my zip code and pointed the Dish 500 at those coordinates using a cheap meter that I had from years ago. Got a signal, but when I went inside and ran a "check switch", it would did not show up.

What should i do next? Perhaps , since the dish 500 is designed for 110/119 I am pointed at the wrong satellite?

I mounted a Dish 500 (w/ a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF) and ran a cable from one of the receiver outputs on the Dish 500 LNB to the "LNB in" port of the Dish 1000.2.

Looked up the 61.5 coordinates for my zip code and pointed the Dish 500 at those coordinates using a cheap meter that I had from years ago. Got a signal, but when I went inside and ran a "check switch", it would did not show up.

What should i do next? Perhaps , since the dish 500 is designed for 110/119 I am pointed at the wrong satellite?

I don't think the point dish screen shows coordinates for 61.5 using Dish 500, they do for the Dish 300 without the skew (you would set Dish 500 skew to 90 for this case). Disconnect any inputs and run check switch to clear the matrix. Run the line straight to the receiver so you only have 61.5 connected to get signal. Reconnect everything properly and run check switch again.

Thanks...really appreciate the response.

Skew was set for 90 and the dish was pointed almost exactly at the correct azimuth.

I did run check switch without connections, and ran it again after connecting back to the 1000.2. Its raining today, but will be at it again soon.

I'm a little confused. I have a few questions. I have a 1000.2 and a 500 with (i assume) a DP TWIN LNB. can this dish be used to pick up 61.5 and run directly to the 1000.2 or is something else required? I've seen some posts saying a DP TWIN will not work and others saying it will.....Also does anyone have a diagram for this type of install?

From what I gathered from "J.Allen Head" the lnb has to be a DP dual or single lnb not a DP twin or DPP twin.

I believe "Dual" is for two outputs to 2 receivers and "twin" refers to twin lnb's.

I may order a "I adapter" for the Dish 500 and obtain a dual output single lnb for the 500.

Learnin' as I go!:D

I'm a little confused. I have a few questions. I have a 1000.2 and a 500 with (i assume) a DP TWIN LNB. can this dish be used to pick up 61.5 and run directly to the 1000.2 or is something else required? I've seen some posts saying a DP TWIN will not work and others saying it will.....Also does anyone have a diagram for this type of install?

Yes...am confused myself and have been told that a twin will work and by others that it would not. I haven't had much success with the twin (it will pick up satellite, but not the right one), but am thinking it is just hard to aim because the twins are designed for the 110/119 combination. One poster said that if a twin is used, the pointing will be about 5 degrees off to pick up 61.5. Have decided to order a dual and I adapter, rather then spend any more time on the roof trying to aim the dish 500 at 61.5 using a DP twin.

As far as a diagram goes just run the 500 cable directly to 1000.2 because you will ultimately hook up that cable to the "lnb in" port on the 1000.2. I am using an adapter to plug in my 500 cable directly to a cable on the 1000.2 receiver cable. Once i get the right satellite on the 500, I'll plug the cable into the 1000.2 lnb in port.

I'm hoping i can get a DP Twin to work because the whole point is to eliminate any cost. If i have to pay for a new LNB and an adapter and spend teh time setting up i'd be better off paying dish to get it done

I'm hoping i can get a DP Twin to work because the whole point is to eliminate any cost. If i have to pay for a new LNB and an adapter and spend teh time setting up i'd be better off paying dish to get it done

Hear you...but I wanted to do it myself to avoid taking time off from work to wait for Dish Tech to show up. Hey...my time is worth at least the cost of a DP dual! :)

Are dp pro and dp plus Lnb's the same?

I'm not an expert but I "think" the DP and DPP setups use the same LNBs. The difference with the DPP is with the multiswitch, which allows connecting a dual tuner receiver to a single cable from the switch (and then using a separator device at the receiver to feed the two tuners)

Question: How to get 61.5 Sat installed for free and no commitment?

Please help in letting me know how to add 61.5 Sat For free and no commitment?

Ofcourse Dish Network options are 60$ (I guess) or 2 yrs commitment.

Please post if you have been successful (and how) in adding the sat for free and no commitment via Dish.

I created a new thread for getting answers on this, but am also posting it hear since I think I should have posted my question here in the first place. Sorry about that

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-hd...et-61-5-sat-installed-free-no-commitment.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts