What do I need to change channels in my garage?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pitstop66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2011
midwest
I have a VIP622 receiver with IR remote on #1 TV, IR/UHF on TV#2. I spend considerable time in the garage, that is mirrored from TV#2. What are the options to be able to change channels outside in a detached garage? My current IR remote does not work outside the house.

pitstop66 said:
My current IR remote does not work outside the house.
Do you mean your UHF remote doesn't work from outside the house?

Another possibility is to use the Dish iPhone app as a remote. But I think this will work for TV2 only when in mirrored mode. I know you can control TV1 with it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have a VIP622 receiver with IR remote on #1 TV, IR/UHF on TV#2. I spend considerable time in the garage, that is mirrored from TV#2. What are the options to be able to change channels outside in a detached garage? My current IR remote does not work outside the house.

This should work at ANY distance and of course your garage remote has to be UHF.

RemoExtend1.jpg

Now, since you are moving the UHF remote antenna to the garage, you would still need another remote antenna with a splitter at your receiver for your TV2 in your house.

Update:
Depends on your house layout, receiver and garage location, you may locate the splitter with the antenna somewhere half way between your garage and the receiver and you may NOT need a second antenna, just remove attenuator in the drawing.

Last edited:
Do you still have the antenna for the remote attached to the back of the 622? If so, get a length of coax and a female/female cable connector. attach the coax to the antenna input on the 622 and the uhf antenna to the end of the coax. I had a similar problem with my 722. Moved the uhf antenna away from the back of the 722 by about 6 feet. Made a world of difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)