What do I need to do this and will dish go for it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whatusernamesareleft

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Wisconsin
If I just do the dish install and the wire run, and let there so called professionals complete the rest of the job will dish be happy?

Will they balk at voip for phone service or can they call back home with through the internet so they know the recivers havent moved?

Also what do I need to get for eastern arc to do a HD dvr and a seperate HD reciever? I was going to get my dish at solid signal. How many wire runs and do i need a multi switch or will they take care of that? I was just going to get the dish lined up with my first strike meter and let them do the ends.

Well, if you want to do the entire job, Dish will be happy simply to activate receivers. They generally want an installer to come out with the receiver and do the whole thing. but if the installer shows up and discovers most everything done already, he'll be happy to finish the job in record time.

The Eastern Arc dish comes with an integrated LNB/switch assembly with 3 output ports (and one LNB input port). So, to plan for the future, I would run 3 cables from the dish to your planned or existing receiver locations. You do not need an external switch unless you want 4 receivers.

Well, if you want to do the entire job, Dish will be happy simply to activate receivers. They generally want an installer to come out with the receiver and do the whole thing. but if the installer shows up and discovers most everything done already, he'll be happy to finish the job in record time.

The Eastern Arc dish comes with an integrated LNB/switch assembly with 3 output ports (and one LNB input port). So, to plan for the future, I would run 3 cables from the dish to your planned or existing receiver locations. You do not need an external switch unless you want 4 receivers.

Sounds good. My understanding was that I would have to buy my own dish recievers if I wanted to do the install 100% myself.

My VOIP works fine with dish. I don't think that you need to plug in the receivers to a phone line anymore. It used to be a $5 bill credit, but they have stopped that. I still leave mine plugged in for the on screen caller ID, which is a pretty cool feature

I know when I got D* I had everything done already (cables run, dish put up....only needed a 18" dish but put a PHase III up) so the tech came in, saw the cables, smiled, hooked it up and called it in

in and out in 20 minutes :)

You have to do it by the book, with correct ground blocks, connectors, cable, etc unless you want the Dish tech to tear it out and do it again. Or at least with in-house techs who follow every direction that corporate forces them to take.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)