What do I need to do to hook up a second tv to a 722

naimbeg

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin
I have a 722 hooked up to a HDTC via HDMI...
I was under the impression that to hook up the second output to a standard TV, I would have to connect a coax cable (RG6) to the "Home Distribution coax connector on back of the 722 and connect that to the antenna in on back of the TV. Tune to channel 3 and be done.

Is this wrong because it's not working.

I was under the impression that to hook up the second output to a standard TV, I would have to connect a coax cable (RG6) to the "Home Distribution coax connector on back of the 722 and connect that to the antenna in on back of the TV. Tune to channel 3 and be done.

What gave you the impression that you should tune to channel 3?

The coaxial "Home Distribution" connection is correct, however you will need to
tune to a UHF channel.

On your 722 goto: Menu - 6 - 1- 5 Then tune either of these channels on your second tv. You can of course change them is needed.

Wrong channel.

On the 722 remote go to 6 1 5 (modulator setuop). select your channel number output and mode and say done. Then tune your SD tv to that channel. Should be good to watch. :)

The channel 3 thing is a kick back to VCR days... I noticed that the Home Dist on back of the reciever had channel ~20 to 64, went through all those channels on the old TV but nothing came up so I reverted back to "it must be channel 3" notion.

The only user manual I have is for the 211 and could not find a online verison for the 722.

I will try it out when I get back home.
Thanks...

The channel 3 thing is a kick back to VCR days... I noticed that the Home Dist on back of the reciever had channel ~20 to 64, went through all those channels on the old TV but nothing came up so I reverted back to "it must be channel 3" notion.

The only user manual I have is for the 211 and could not find a online verison for the 722.

I will try it out when I get back home.
Thanks...

Make sure the "Mode" under Menu - 6 -1 - 5 matches what your TV is set for.
"Air" or "Cable".

standard defaults the channel to "air 60" meaning antenna NOT cable although this can be changed as listed above at menu-6-1-5.

Set your TV to Air or Antenna then do a channel scan if it scans above channel 69 it is set to cable otherwise it will grab it at channel 60.

If you cannot change your TV to Air/Antenna change it to Cable in menu-6-1-5, channel 73 is the default for cable and do another channel scan on the TV to pickup on channel 73. You may also adjust these specific channel numbers but those two are the defaults.

Hope that helps

Problems connecting 2nd TV to 722

I've tried the above steps to try to get another tv in my house working off my 722 with no success. I've tried both air and cable settings on the 722, as well as several different cable and air channels but can't get the tv2 to show anything. We just had Dish installed (previously was on Cox), and the tv I'm trying to setup (kitchen) was connected to Cox with no cable box, just into the coax wall outlet and worked fine. So I'm guessing that this cable outlet is still connected to the rest of the house and ultimately to the cable inlet to the entire house, so theoretically it should work fine.

The other note is that when we originally installed Dish, I just had the 722 and was setup w/2 tv's and the 722 setup in dual mode - TV1 (local) HD, and TV2 (master bed) SD via UHF, and this also worked fine. We found that we wanted the TV2 (master bed) to have it's own sat box, so we had Dish come install a sat box (a 625) in the master bed. When they installed it, all they did on the TV1 was change it to single mode - no changes to the back of the 722 (e.g. disconnecting the home distribution cables). So I would think that since this was working before, should be easy to just tune to same channel (75) on the kitchen TV and viola. Nothing but snow.

Final note - on the main TV (TV1) where the 722 is connected, there are several splitters connected from the main incoming sat feed into a splitter, the 2 outputs then go to A) to another splitter to the 2 sat inputs on the 722; and B) (UHF/VHF) to another splitter that feeds into the home distribution output on the 722 and the external antenna. So in any event, this was how it was setup before we got the 625 in the master bedroom and worked fine.

Any help most appreciated! Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts