what do i need to get all channels on Dish

If you have a new reciever like a 301 or 811 you can go to menu-6-1-1-check switch and there will be a display of what switches you have. Like DPP44, DP21, DP34, SW64, etc. It will also list al lthe LNBs you might have but that is not as important.

I have a Dish500 and just went from Dual LNB/SW21s to a Twin LNBF with the switches built in. As far as I can tell it is not a DishPro as I cannot see DP stamped anywhere on the LNB. However, after converting, my DP510 works flawlessly all the time. The 4900 upgraded model worked fine at first, but now sometimes gets the signal, sometimes not. My old Phillips 2700/3700 does not show a signal at all. So I'm not sure what to think. I guess the best bet is to just get two new receivers that are DP capable? Thanks for any input.

Will this work with Dish ???

I was wondering if this would work with dish DIRECT TV TRIPLE LNB DISH they say DISH HAS BUILT IN MULTISWITCH would that work to hook to 1 receiver so i can get all channels
Thanks
Tommy

The DP logo, if it was there, would be easy to see.

Are you hooking these receivers up to the same cable for your tests? Maybe the non-510 feed cable is going bad. Try swapping things around to isolate the problem.

That's about 3 this week asking that question... are Direct TV tri-LNBF dishes on discount at wally world or something?

Thanks for the reply, I have three feeds coming off the Quad LNB. The DP510 gets a 90+ signal on all of them for both satellites, the 4900 works intermittently on all of them and the 2700 doesn't work at all. Not much help I know. I was wondering if the newer receivers are just better at picking up a signal than the older ones? I am in a remote/treed area and I have to split a big pine tree to get a signal from 110 and 119, so maybe I'm getting some interference that the new unit handles better?

Actually, there's a thread about a 301 receiver with a Dish Twin LNBF (I assume a dish is included) on clearance at Wal-Mart for $40. Run, don't walk and see if you can grab one.

Nothing to do with obstructions. Might be a difference in the receivers, but I still suspect cabling. Move the other boxes to where the 510 is and see what happens. Conversely, move the 510 to a trouble spot.

Isolate the problem and we'll go from there.

Hey! I just saw you're in Florissant, Co! I'm just down the road in Divide, small world. I have tried the 510 on ALL of the cables and it works fine. The 4900 works on two of the three (the shortest runs). And the 2700 doesn't work on any of them. Very strange.

Neutron: It seems that this is a Legacy Quad LNBF.

I just called JR - he's waiting on a 301 to arrive to do some more testing. The setup has been working fine up until recently. He'll check his cables, if that's trouble, I'll drop by his place and replace the connectors. :)

It depends on how you define "all". In fact, it is not possible to get ALL the channels on one receiver, even if you have line of sight to all the birds - which is only possible from the center of the country.

Now, if you have just one 20" dish right now, then all you need is a Dish 500 with it's LNBFs. For a single 311 receiver, any valid Dish 500 setup will work fine.

OTOH, if you have a SuperDish or multiple dishes (to get your locals and/or internationals) it's a different story entirely.

I have a Dish 500 dual lnb's on the house now , so thats all i need to get the same channels ? are there any kind of switches i might need dont see any out or inside house .
Thanks for reply

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)