what do I need to get my c band dish and receiver to get Ku band

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akimbobo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I hav a trx 1520 and a large mesh dish and I would like to get ku FTA. I have an mpeg 2 reciever that I would use as a slave

I have a c band lnb now, do I need to buy just a KU lnb and use some sort of adapater?

thanks any help

ok there are several ways to add ku to a big dish .... you can get a corotor type c/ku lnbf setup or buy one of the ones thats like the bsc621 (all in one) type lnbf.

If you try using a ku lnbf that for an offset type dish ( usually smaller ku dishes are offset type dishes) it won't work all that great for a big dish (a big dish is a prime focus dish).

also some dvb receiver can control the corotor type lnbf's ( pansat is one ) or an old analog receiver can control it ( the trx 1520 will control a corotor) meaning you will have to change the polarity with the trx 1520.

if you get a newer type lnbf like the bsc-621 the dvb receiver can control the polarity on this lnbf.

The most cost effective conversion for the KU would be a BSC621 LNBF setup. If both C and KU bands are desired, 2 cables are necessary. They cost around $50.00

There is so much on both c/ku the best thing to do is get a corotor II plus feed with Norsat or Cal amp lnb's, and slave the dvb receiver.

thanks for all the input :) one last question, I wanted to know if my trx1520 will be able to get all FTA c band channles when arced properly?

the toshiba trx 1520 is an older c/ku band analog reveiver so the only channels it will receive are analog ones. you could add a digital receiver (aka DVB receiver) to the setup and gain the FTA digital channels

analog receiver - these receive analog & videocipher (with a subscription) only channels

4dtv - these receive the analog , videocipher (with a subscription) and digicipher channels (with a subscription) ( not DVB ones)

DVB receiver ( digital receivers) these receive the digital channels (not digicipher ones)

thanks for the quick reply.

I have my reciever that I used from Bob Jones when we homeschooled our kids. It states on the front "digital satellite receiver MPEG-2 DVB"

Will this work?

i think this receiver was used to pick up certain freq on 97W
does it have the ability to scan or can you use the remote to manually enter transponder information. list the model # and we will try to look something up on it.

thanks for your time :)

it's an atlanta DTH model number8009 bju rev C

s/n bn8002705737 it's a little beat up on the paper but that's what it seems to look like :)

At one time we did try and use it to find channels using the small dish it comes with. We did get a few. We got indian, Korean and a few others just by moving the dish by hand.

If I remember correctly we can input transponder info.

I will try and hook it up to the tv again in a little bit and see what it has to offer. Thanks again

here is a pic of my menu screen of my mpeg 2 receiver

i used to know how to change things around and dork with it to get channles in.

Do I need to change the LNB frequency to match a c band lnb

If I am correct the reciever was setup to use a ku lnb to get bob jones.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 189
yes you will need to set the LO Freq (LNB Freq) to 5150 for it to work with your current system

couldn't find much on the receiver but you are correct it was used for bob jones stuff on ku at 97W.

just park you dish at a satellite that has c-band and tune the channel see what you get :)

well I tried to change the lnb to 5150 and it gives me a data error I guess I am going to do some research.

it starts out as 10750 I have tried 05150, 51500 it does not seem to work :(

in manuel it shows changed but when I try to search I get data error.

thans for the help thus far.

does it allow you to arrow down on this menu page and then when you get to the bottom where it has LNB Freq... does it allow you to arrow left or right ( finding a 5150 )
then ( and i don't know what satellite you have it on right now ) but goto the live transponder list and pick one for the satellite your on and enter those tp & Symbol rate and then try a search

thanks for the help. it had arrows on the first menu that allowed me to get to the proper setting. I am nowing trying to arc my dish properly :)

thanks again for all the help I will keep you posted on how this works :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts