what do I need to move BUD dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gweedow

Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
pennsylvania
OK. Here gos. I would be new to FTA. I just quit renewing my subscription to NPS. I've had the BUD for all most 20 years. Between loosing channels and no HD programing with the 4dtv receiver I quit that part of the satellite. I would like to get a FTA receiver, but I know nothing about them. Please in very greenhorn terms, what do I need to turn the dish once I would connect a FTA receiver to my bud dish that all ready has a cband and ku band Lnbs. Would I have to reconnect my 4dtv to it or is there a much smaller box to do this. I would like to sell my equipment. Older model 4dtv and HDD200. All so I know there are other providers of subscriptions out there, but I would in the near future still like to try a FTA receiver. Thank you

You'll need a mover of some sort.
I would tell you to keep the 4D for the purpose and keep a 4D subscription (even a minimal one) with one of the other providers. (4D needs the support!)
Anyway, if you're bent on getting rid of the 4D, the other option will be an old analog box for a mover or one of the VBox movers - BUT the VBox won't control your LNB polarity, so if you have a servo controlled LNB, you'll still need an old analog box or the 4D receiver for the purpose...

keep the 4dtv box

keep the 4dtv box
it will move the dish and get a couple stations still
you need a dc pass Splitter
PV23-402 Perfect Vision Satellite CATV splitter
power pass to the 4dtv box and the other to Your new box.

you need a box if it must be a HD
get a azbox
then get a box for scaning
pansat 3500 nice for your set up.

sell that 200 unit today worth less by monday lol
should get $100+
good luck

You may convert you system to be operated by exclusively by a DVB receiver with the following items:

DVB Receiver - Replace a 4DTV or analog IRD
GBox or VBox - Interface unit to control the actuator
LNBF (C or C/KU type) - Replace the existing feedhorn/LNB cluster

Yes, you may control the dish position and polarity with an analog IRD or 4DTV unit, but the selection of a channel will require the coordinated movement and polarity selection with the 4DTV or analog IRD and the selection of the channel with the DVB unit. This eliminates the ability to quickly surf multiple satellites and channels resulting in an extremely low WAF (Wife Approval Factor)!

keep the 4dtv box

get a azbox

should get $100+
good luck

Mad, have a question about pansat 3500. so if you blind scan with the pansat, how will this help you with azbox. since the scan is for 3500. how do you get
the channels over to azbox, also do you use the 3500 for moving the dish?

Thanks Mad and the rest of you all

keep the 4dtv box

get a azbox

should get $100+
good luck

Sounds good. With those setups. I would of written back sooner, but had some snow dumped on us.Couple feet. Lost power for few days. The old dish on the roof was set in the right spot to where the snow did not pile up on it. Used a indoor outdoor small digital ota antenna to get one station. No was not the station that had the super bowl on it. Power came back on sunday night in the second half of the game. Got to watch some of it on cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts