What do I need to run my HR24-200...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FlyAPlane

Original poster
Jul 30, 2012
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all. I'm looking for some advice. We're going to be heading down to our vacation house this weekend and we'd like to take one of our HDRs (HDR22-100 or HDR24-200 - not sure which one we're taking yet, though probably the 200.) with us so that we can watch shows we've already recorded and be able to record some of the Olympics while we're away from the tube. Also, since we have shows already set-up to record, we don't want to miss recording them them while we've got the receiver with us. So, we're wondering what type/style of satellite antenna we need at our vacation home. I remember when we upgraded to the HDR24's, they had to upgrade our satellite, too. I just don't remember what the guy told me the new one was called.

One other question I have is, since we have "whole home DVR", are we going to be screwing anything up by taking one of the DVR's out of the loop?

Thanks SO MUCH for your feedback!

P.S. Is there any one or two places that are best for purchasing a satellite dish set-up? Obviously, we got our original from DirecTV. Thanks again!
P.S.S. The accessing of the DVR via the Internet isn't an option. Internet speed is soooo slow at the vacation house it just isn't something that would work.

Hi all. I'm looking for some advice. We're going to be heading down to our vacation house this weekend and we'd like to take one of our HDRs (HDR22-100 or HDR24-200 - not sure which one we're taking yet, though probably the 200.) with us so that we can watch shows we've already recorded and be able to record some of the Olympics while we're away from the tube. Also, since we have shows already set-up to record, we don't want to miss recording them them while we've got the receiver with us. So, we're wondering what type/style of satellite antenna we need at our vacation home. I remember when we upgraded to the HDR24's, they had to upgrade our satellite, too. I just don't remember what the guy told me the new one was called.

One other question I have is, since we have "whole home DVR", are we going to be screwing anything up by taking one of the DVR's out of the loop?

Thanks SO MUCH for your feedback!

P.S. Is there any one or two places that are best for purchasing a satellite dish set-up? Obviously, we got our original from DirecTV. Thanks again!
P.S.S. The accessing of the DVR via the Internet isn't an option. Internet speed is soooo slow at the vacation house it just isn't something that would work.

You'll want a Slimline 3 or 5, depending on where your locals are located.

I would try Claude, a Site Supporter here at Dishstore,m call him and tell him your from here and see what he has.
If he can't get you set up, try Solid Signal . com

Remember you won't get your locals at the new location, IF you have a AM21 and an antenna down there you could re program the unit and get the locals down there possibly.

Thanks, Jimbo! Maybe a 5??? I seem to remember him (installer) saying something about a 5. Is there a way I can tell from looking at my dish?

Thanks!

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If it looks like there is one, it's really a sl3. If it looks like three, then it's really an sl5. If there is one cable from the dish, then you have a swm type lnb. Four means you have a regular one.

raoul5788 said:
:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If it looks like there is one, it's really a sl3. If it looks like three, then it's really an sl5. If there is one cable from the dish, then you have a swm type lnb. Four means you have a regular one.

He's got a SWM. He refered to having whole home in the original post. Stick with SWM, if you get an older slimline 3/5 you'll need 2 lines to the receiver (so you can still watch tv and record at the same time) and you'll also need BBC's if you go that route. SWM is 1 line and a lot less of a headache hooking up ( considering you know how to do it)

He's got a SWM. He refered to having whole home in the original post. Stick with SWM, if you get an older slimline 3/5 you'll need 2 lines to the receiver (so you can still watch tv and record at the same time) and you'll also need BBC's if you go that route. SWM is 1 line and a lot less of a headache hooking up ( considering you know how to do it)

Yup, that's definitely a swm. Good catch Hutch. I missed that one!

Thanks SO MUCH everybody!! I had forgotten that we used to have to have two lines running to the the DVR. I very much like just having the one, as we do now. Thanks also for the recommendations on where to get the dish!

Just a quick follow-up for Jimbo. I Googled DishStore and there's a message from Claude that DishStore is now closed. :-( I'll check out the other place you mentioned. Thanks again!

Just a quick follow-up for Jimbo. I Googled DishStore and there's a message from Claude that DishStore is now closed. :-( I'll check out the other place you mentioned. Thanks again!

The Online store is closed, not the physical store, give him a call ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)